Western Frontier Relic Road Trip With Tomca

• The title was changed to Road Trip With Tom_ca

• The title was changed to Western Frontier Relic Road Trip With Tomca

Nice work Brian you and Tom are like two well seasoned coon hounds....always able to sniff out the good stuff...Glad you got out...I've been holed up with work and projects..

strick 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

This heavy cast suspender buckle was a fun find as well.  No idea what the back story is on it, but it appears to have an iron cross (?) on it. 

Could it be that proof of the Knights Templars was uncovered by expert metal detectorsist Cal_Cobra while detecting an ancient site where more happened than appears, or is it part of something bigger... something only more exploration will uncover?

Screenshot_20211222-071327.jpg

• Haha 5

Very cool!  And paint me jealous - snow and frozen ground here.

If that is a gun part, and I've no real idea if it is or not, but if it is, I'd guess firing pin.  Based on the small protrusion at the end of the long skinny part.  The other, large end, would be unlike any firing pin I'm familiar with though.

- Dave

• Like 1

Incredible finds, great photos. 👍 The condition y'all find things in! 🤯 Hope to see what Tom found.

• Like 1

Gotta agree -- that silver button is something special in terms of attractiveness.  I confirm what F350 said -- the condition of your finds is remarkable.  I guess it's the dry climate.

When you can stop counting in decades, replaced with centuries, you know you're in relic detecting Shangri La, at least for North America.

• Like 2