Deus 2 Vs Deus 1 Vs Equinox 800

My thoughts on the deus 2 v Equinox 800 v Deus 1
lets look at the pros and cons?.

Deus 1                                                                                  Equinox 800
1-Excellent in the iron unmasking                                  1- not as good in iron unmasking
2-Good depth on targets in open ground                     2- very good depth on targets in open ground
3-very good in lose or plowed ground                          3- not so good in lose or plowed ground
4- can be affected by EMI                                               4- can be affected by EMI
5- can be dial in to most conditions                          5- can de dial in to most conditions
6- poor in the wet sand                                                    6- excellent on the wet sand

Deus 2 
1-Excellent in the iron unmasking 
2-- very good depth on targets in open ground 
 3-very good in lose or plowed ground
4- can be affected by EMI  
5- can be dial in to most conditions
6- excellent on the wet sand

I Have been watching all the you tube videos on the Deus 2 all against the equinox, fair battle,
But we all know that the Deus 1 is far better in the unmasking in iron than the knox, as will be the Deus 2, so not comparing apples to apples really ?

I have a Deus 1 and it will hit all the tests put up on you tube in the iron unmasking tests with the Deus 2,
And i seen the test on depth put up in the UK soil, not a fair test as they used field 1, field 2 and park 2 are deeper seeking, but the nox still kept up with the Deus 2 , then they used relic mode and gained the advantage, the nox would have done the same in gold mode,

So here is my thinking if you own a deus 1 . why spend £1400 on a deus 2 just buy a second hand nox 800 as i expect the prices will drop when the deus 2 is available, you have all the benefits of the deus 2 and a back up detector,
Or if you own a Eqinox just buy a second hand deus 1 as the prices have come down already, or if you want all the advantages of the Deus 1 and the equinox 800 in one package get the deus  2.  Just my thought on this

41 minutes ago, Seiko said:

why spend £1400 on a dues 2 just buy a second hand nox 800 as i expect the prices will drop when the dues 2 is available, you have all the benefits of the dues 2 and a back up detector,
Or if you own a Eqinox just buy a second hand dues 1 as the prices have come down already, or if you want all the advantages of the Dues 1 and the equinox 800 in one package get the Duers2

Because some people would rather have 1 machine instead of 2 when actively hunting. The Deus II is also expected to be more rugged and handle wet/underwater envinronments better than the Equinox.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Seiko said:

And i seen the test on depth put up in the UK soil, not a fair test as they used field 1, field 2 and park 2 are deeper seeking, but the nox still kept up with the dues2, then they used relic mode and gained the advantage, the nox would have done the same in gold mode,

You appear to have a general misconception on Equinox depth performance in the Park/Field "2" modes and Gold mode vs. the Park/Field "1" modes.  The "2" and gold modes are high frequency weighted, and it is a known physical fact (based on the physics of electromagnetics) that higher frequency electromagnetic fields are attenuated by ground to a greater extent than lower frequencies.  This means the higher frequency magnetic detection fields generated by metal detectors cannot penetrate as far into the ground as lower frequency fields. 

The upshot is that in general, all factors being equal, the ultimate depth performance of Park 1, Field 1, and Beach 1 (without black sand transmit power attenuation) on a given target will be greater than the "2" and gold modes.  This is especially true on high conductive targets. 

Things get a little fuzzy when talking about mid-conductors like small gold because the competing effects of high frequency field attenuation are countered by the higher induced target magnetic field strength and small target sensitivity associated with the way higher frequency fields interact with small, mid-conductive targets. 

So it is known that the ultimate detection depth of the Nox "2" modes and Gold mode is less than the "1" modes in a general sense but you may gain a minor depth advantage with the "2" modes and Gold modes specifically for small, mid-conductive targets but you certainly are not going to detect them at the same depths a you would detect high conductive targets with the "1" modes.

Bottom line is that I disagree with your statement that the 2 modes are "deeper seeking" than Field 1 and that Nox gold mode is deeper than Deus II Relic mode (which is another deep, low frequency weighted mode).  But I also don't know specifically what tests you are referring to nor the type of test targets being used.  FWIW.

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

So it is known that the ultimate detection depth of the Nox "2" modes and Gold mode is less than the "1" modes in a general sense....  (emphasis mine)

Well, it wasn't known by me that Park 1 and field 1 are deeper than Gold 1 for deep silver coins.  Maybe your statement is strongly affected by what you mean by 'general sense'? 

I've been experimenting with using Gold 1 to investigate seemingly deep, high dTID targets after getting promising signals in Park 1.  So it's natural for me to now investigate what you said, for my site conditions (always a key consideration, as you and most everyone here knows).

3 hours ago, Seiko said:

My thoughts on the dues 2 v Equinox 800 v Dues 1
lets look at the pros and cons?.

Dues 1                                                                                  Equinox 800
1-Excellent in the iron unmasking                                  1- not as good in iron unmasking
2-Good depth on targets in open ground                     2- very good depth on targets in open ground
3-very good in lose or plowed ground                          3- not so good in lose or plowed ground
4- can be affected by EMI                                               4- can be affected by EMI
5- can be dial in to most conditions                          5- can de dial in to most conditions
6- poor in the wet sand                                                    6- excellent on the wet sand

Dues 2 
1-Excellent in the iron unmasking 
2-- very good depth on targets in open ground 
 3-very good in lose or plowed ground
4- can be affected by EMI  
5- can be dial in to most conditions
6- excellent on the wet sand

You forgot the detector' s weight / detection comfort. The D2 ( 750g cb in the pocket ) outperforms the Equinox ( 1,3kg ) on this criteria . 

This single reason is a very good reason to move from the Eq to the D2 ... , assuming of course that their perfos ( separation/depth etc ) are similar , which seems to be the case up to now from the testers feedbacks , at least in low to moderately mineralized soils .  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, palzynski said:

You forgot the detector' s weight / detection comfort. The D2 ( 750g cb in the pocket ) outperforms the Equinox ( 1,3kg ) on this criteria . 

This single reason is a very good reason to move from the Eq to the D2 ... , assuming of course that their perfos ( separation/depth etc ) are similar , which seems to be the case up to now from the testers feedbacks , at least in low to moderately mineralized soils .  

yes very true the the build and weight of the D1 is much better than the equinox

40 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Well, it wasn't known by me that Park 1 and field 1 are deeper than Gold 1 for deep silver coins.  Maybe your statement is strongly affected by what you mean by 'general sense'? 

No it's strongly affected by the fact that gold mode is dominated by frequencies above 20 khz which just doesn't penetrate as deep as modes dominated by frequencies less than 20khz (the "1" modes).  Just simple physics.  The depth at the edge of detection for a silver coin SHOULD be less for Gold Mode than Park 1 or Field 1. Now granted, when talking Mult-IQ (or FMF or any other flavor of simultaneous multifrequency) the distinction isn't as clear cut as say single 4khz vs. single 40 khz, and like everything else in detecting their are probably corner cases that can be set up to stack parameters to show an exception to this "rule".

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, palzynski said:

This single reason is a very good reason to move from the Eq to the D2 ... , assuming of course that their perfos ( separation/depth etc ) are similar ,

5 minutes ago, Seiko said:

yes very true the the build and weight of the D1 is much better than the equinox

As a long time hunter, performance is #1.  Weight is of the machine is WAY down the checklist.  

• Like 1

I love this topic since I get to argue with just about everybody on this one especially Chase.

First for Palzynski, in my personal and experienced opinion the only configuration using the Deus 1, ORX (haven't touched a Deus 2 yet but assume it is similar) that is truly and wonderfully ergonomic is with 9" round or elliptical coils. Using an 11" or larger coil..........I get arm and wrist pain fairly quickly due to most of the weight being in the bigger coil which makes the detector nose heavy. So weight is relative to the coil being used and how balance is distributed in the detector design.

For Chase, where I detect most often, your conventional description of how single frequencies work are pointless. Depth is better achieved here by detectors running at frequencies over 14 kHz. Park 1 and Field 1 are not deeper than Park 2 and Field 2 or the Gold modes on any targets of any conductivity due to moderate to high mineralization.

So, either I am stupid, I have a giant misconception of the laws of physics or there is something going on inside the Equinox in Multi and hopefully the Deus 2 using FMF that defies the laws of physics.

VLF detectors running at frequencies lower than a combined roughly 14 kHz are blind to deeper 6"+ coin sized targets here no matter who made them or how much they cost. They just don't detect them well here if at all, with no target IDs or a jumbled mess of target IDs and tones. Most single frequency detectors including the Deus 1 are done with reliable target information on coin sized targets at 4" and users of these detectors rarely bother to dig targets that their hand held pinpointer won't hit unless they are in a relic area with very deep targets of various sizes.

The Equinox best use here is to run Park 1 or iron range modified to -9 to 0 Field 1 (little or no coke/charcoal here ) for general detecting and to hit the same site with Park 2 or iron range modified -9 to 0 Field 2 for the deeper and harder to hit partially masked or poorly oriented coin sized targets. This goes for coin sized targets of any conductivity.

I have dug the mythical 8 to 10" clad and silver dimes along with 8" to 10" Indian, wheat and memorial pennies in Park 2 and Field 2 along with some extremely deep Indian War relics over 10" deep. I have yet to dig any 10" coin sized or relic targets in Park 1 and Field 1.............??????? 

The Gold modes are by far the deepest modes here period, not even a contest on any sized targets of any conductivity.

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Deus 2 Vs Deus 1 Vs Equinox 800