Man that sucks. I have the utmost respect for those that go fully submerged. Even in calm water with no visible current it's easy to see the struggle to stay down and then your detector takes a crap. It's a good reminder that no matter how deep and easy to use a machine is if it breaks it still sucks. Thanks for sharing the highs and the lows. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Was that the factory shaft on it?

Remind me not to get one of those units.

Yeah...😑

The shaft Is the original one.

I paid It really cheap cause It Is out of production and mainteinance by the factory now.

The machine Is pretty stable and one of the few with an 8" coil I'm in love with ...I'll build a straight shaft as usual during these Christmas days, there's no choice😬

• Like 2

Wow sorry to see but a easy fix for you I'm sure..

I remember talking to Gary Storm about the HH series. If I remember correct he said he had 70,000.oo dollars invested into the development / production and had not got his money out of it yet, 2013. Seems it came in a PI also?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I remember talking to Gary Storm about the HH series. If I remember correct he said he had 70,000.oo dollars invested into the development / production and had not got his money out of it yet, 2013. Seems it came in a PI also?  

The HH came in a PI that was designed and built by Eric Foster for Gary Storm. Same design all in the phones. 

• Like 2

I've got an underwater with the 12 inch NEL coil. The velcro straps on the arm rest very quickly came unglued. I replaced the arm rest with a Whites one. The Whites arm rest may hot be available now ... I've used them on a few shafts I've made. I used a Whites arm rest to replace the one on the HH Wader that I have too.  They are sturdy and work well.

My biggest gripe with the HH Underwater is the audio amplification. When ambient noise is low, very faint signals can be heard and yield fairly deep targets. I think the faint audio needs a boost. Shallow targets are plenty loud but when you get down a couple inches they become much harder to hear. I suspect that is an issue working with the headset fully submerged too but I have not run them fully submerged.

Good luck with yours!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's to bad. I wanted to see how it did.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

You're right Joe,

there's also a p.i. version but I'm more prone to the vlf one at least to avoid iron.

1 hour ago, Rick N. MI said:

That's to bad. I wanted to see how it did.

I'm sorry too...By the way You can see on YT the machine in action on DetectorComparisons channel.

Years ago I excluded to buy It cause with a Ctx and the Excal there was no place and reason for It.

Today I'm enjoying the light unit and the quiet operations in strong saltwater due to the small coil.

Hopefully with the straight shaft the next week I'll try It again on the rocky bottom.

• Like 3