What’s Next In Adjustability…

HardPack

I haven’t been in the market for a new detector for some time now. The VLF detectors hanging around here all have a fixed preset unknown “recovery speed” and only one detector has the option of changing out one coil with another of different frequency. Imagine my surprised when I read up on “Simultaneous Multi-Frequency”. After learning more about it, what really jumped out to me was the ability to adjust the “recovery speed” and the impact it had on target separation and search depth. Better yet “adjustable recovery speed” was now married to “preset unknown range of simultaneous multi-frequencies”.  Could it get any better?  What if we woke up Christmas morning to discover somebody wrote a few algorithms allowing us the pick and adjust for a known range simultaneous multi-frequencies (low, mid, high) to go along with our adjustable recovery speeds. We could design your own detecting search modes based on the ground conditions and targets we were actually detecting that moment. Maybe the cat is out of the bag but not in our Christmas Stocking yet. 

• Like 4

Your Christmas wish was partially already delivered by Santa over 10 yrs ago.

Not only that, but we've had a few detectors that can use different coils and kHz. (Minelab X-Terra series and the XP Deus detectors).

But it's your Christmas and I don't want to spoil it, so hopefully as you wish, there will be MORE OPTIONS for us.

I actually love some of the features on the V3i.

Garrett has a feature we'll start seeing in other brands/models real soon (size imaging).

• Like 3

Ten years ago... that was about the time Santa left a little note attached to a sewing kit in my Christmas stocking. As I recall the note said:

"Please use this little gift from the North Pole to sew up the top of your stocking, you ain't going to need it any time soon."

Sincerely, we mean it. 

S. Claus

Like I typed, I am still using that Xterra 705 from Christmas past and it was a second hand demo at the time of delivery.

Have a Merri Christmas

• Like 1
  • Haha 2