4 Big Gold Nuggets

Gold catcher, I bring it up since so many folks I speak with really don't understand.  Part of the 3 day training my Field Staff and I offer does talk about the importance of the VLF detectors and why.  I also show a variety of gold the VLF’S can easily see,  but the PIs can't detect, or do at a much lesser depth.

Thanks for adding to the discussion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

old catcher, I bring it up since so many folks I speak with really don't understand.  Part of the 3 day training my Field Staff and I offer does talk about the importance of the VLF detectors and why.  I also show a variety of gold the VLF’S can easily see,  but the PIs can't detect, or do at a much lesser depth.

Thanks for adding to the discussion. 

Thanks, Gerry. You are doing a great service to the community with your field trainings. And the nuggets/specys your are posting are stunning! Very inspiring for all of us on DP. Most of all I like your enthusiasm for the passion we share. Norvic, there is an old saying: "Only the hard working man gets lucky".😁🤑

GC 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lanny, Glad you too have been able to learn the benefits of Discrimination and VLF detectors. In those old workings it's so critical as a person only has so much energy to dig X targets a day.

Part of the other equation is many VLF’S are lighter weight vs PIs. Alot of my time working old placers is side hills and swinging the coils in non traditional swings while using more arm muscles on the up swing.  I can do it for longer hrs with a lighter detector than traditional PI.

The GPX-6000 is such a great improvement on the ergonomics side. But as noted, the lack of Discrimination is still a weakness. 

I still keep the big machine around though, as the non trashy sites still allow me a few Yellow stone,  just not quite as big.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Norvic, there is an old saying: "Only the hard working man gets lucky".

Gerry has pegged it, tis no secret, applies to all pursuits, persistence not luck but. 

• Like 4

On 12/28/2021 at 9:17 AM, Norvic said:

Ah go on Gerry, all you successful gold fellas are the same, you`ve got those secret places where it`s just laying around, just a matter of a few swings each time you want a gold hit.....🤤 

Well if u pound ground the way successful detectorist do you would have secret spots to...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/28/2021 at 9:39 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Norvic,  Oh yea I found them with the GPS coordinates I purchased on eBay.  Best $100 I ever spent.

Now if I was smart or I didn't care about hunting my old sites again, I'd just do exactly as I mentioned above.  I could sell the GPS coordinates for each nugget at $100 a pop or all 4 for $299.  You and I both know there's  folks who would buy.  I could milk those nuggets for a few more grand.

Or...maybe I could give the coordinates away for free to anyone who purchases GPX-6000 or GPZ-7000 from me?

Now you have me thinking outside the box Norvic.  You are a great man today, not sure about tomorrow?🤫

Lmao Jerry well since I just bought a 7000 from u can I get some free coordinates and make sure there real!!! Lmao funny this guy

• Haha 1