Small Coil For D2

WVdigger

15 minutes ago, WVdigger said:

Any word yet on a smaller coil? I assume they will be coming out with a 5"x9"...sure would love if they ever made a 5" round for the really iron laden sites.

A battery and other technology would have to fit into a 5" coil..........I doubt it can be done.

Supposed to be waterproof to 60 feet with a battery in the shaft????

3 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

A battery and other technology would have to fit into a 5" coil..........I doubt it can be done.

Would be a good time to make a 5x9.5 solid coil. Or if the charging connection won't work for that then maybe 2 smaller batteries located on each side of coil internally.  

• The title was changed to Small Coil For D2

Last time i asked it was a no .It is too much of a niche market .And i think the batterie issue is another one.

Now i will be curious how many 6"and smaller coils, all manufacturers combined, sold since the D1 is out........that may make them change their mind.

I m planning to sell my D1 and use my lobos with their small coil more on the Thames.

D2 is here for a week but my body has been covid stiken so i m indoor.

RR

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 9:30 AM, Rivers rat said:

Last time i asked it was a no .It is too much of a niche market .And i think the batterie issue is another one.

Now i will be curious how many 6"and smaller coils, all manufacturers combined, sold since the D1 is out........that may make them change their mind.

I m planning to sell my D1 and use my lobos with their small coil more on the Thames.

D2 is here for a week but my body has been covid stiken so i m indoor.

RR

I absolutely love a 5" coil for hunting in the real thick iron.

If they add another coil my guess would be the 5.5”xx 9” elliptical, only as a FMF coil.  I thought that would have been the logical accessory coil instead of the 11” X 13” they plan to offer. 

• Like 2

Yea I hope they make a 5x10 for the D2 otherwise I'm hanging onto the D1 with it's 5x10 for hunting ghost towns and gold nuggets. I asked XP about making a smaller coil and they said the chip and battery won't fit in a small coil. I doubt that has changed.

• Like 3