Vanquish Sturdiness

mcjtom

Not trying to pour cold water on this topic but, Detect History is not a site that I depend on for, as they stated, "Unbiased" information. I am not doubting for one moment that the Vanquish pictured has suffered catastrophic damage. How/Why that happened would be nice to know since Detect History states that they do not know the circumstances or details or even the provenance of the photos. 

Detect History goes on to speculate about a possible chronic problem with no evidence to back that up.

Detect History has often given wrong specification and feature information about detectors they have reviewed including the Vanquish.

I rate their accuracy and journalistic/review quality as barely above MD Hunter due to their tendency to sensationalize and exaggerate the "facts" as they see them.

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Detect History has often given wrong specification and feature information about detectors they have reviewed including the Vanquish.

I rate their accuracy and journalistic/review quality as barely above MD Hunter due to their tendency to sensationalize and exaggerate the "facts" as they see them.

Totally agree.  To your point, I don't really find bias in general towards or against any brand or model with this blog.  Just lack of accuracy and exaggerated sensationalism whose author only seems motivated by providing content solely  to generate views and clicks rather than to inform.  Bottom line, a highly unreliable source of information on detecting.  If you don't value credibility, it does sometimes make for an entertaining read, at least.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 11:40 PM, mcjtom said:

I been using the Minelab Vanquish 540 for just about a year now. I haven't had one issue, I personally think the Vanquish is built pretty well. He must have been using the detector for w walking cane

• Like 2

• 2 months later...