Sand Movement

dewcon4414

I decide to hit the beach for a few hours today to see what the bit of a storm we had did.   First thing…. Two of the buoys had been moved a good bit North.  I ended up getting 3 rings.  The one is a nice copper ring the other is silver.  That one in the middle after I posted it to my FB page one of the guys recognized it from someone back in Sept 2020 having lost it.  At the time it was near the sand bar and no one could get out that deep.  I found it straight in…. But now in knee deep water.  So the sands doing something.  I contacted the owner.  It’s TI with what appears to be SS band with junk stones.  That one necklace piece isn’t marked gold and is incased in SS.B6F654E9-7A46-4921-BCBE-122E0460A2F5.thumb.jpeg.4243ded84590ca750348371303312298.jpeg

• Like 6

Well this has turned into my second Christmas Eve miracle.  I managed to contact the owner yesterday.  He was one happy guy.  He lives in Ohio so I’ll send it out this week.  He never thought he’d ever see that ring since it’s been lost so long.  I like these kind of give backs where the owners are shocked and grateful someone took the time.

• Like 4

Returning finds is one of my favorite parts of detecting. I recently found an iPhone that was in a wallet case and was able to return it.  The lady said she lost it while taking pictures off the edge of a pier over two years ago.  I found it over a mile away 😳

Screenshot_20211216-190428_Earth.thumb.jpg.dd854a313cf01ef0a01511fe8c6039f4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

I got another one ill be looking for tomorrow.  She posted it on one of the Shark Teeth FB pages here in Venice.  I picked it up off of SouthWest Fl Detecting FB page Christmas Eve and contacted her that id try find it for her since i live in Venice.  17 year old whos a been a bee keeper for year lost a custom made silver been ring that she really wants back.  The MDT should pick this one up well..... the only problem with this one is she was near shore and we just had some really high waves.  Silver had a tendancy to move with the sand if it didnt get buried quickly.   The movement was hard enough to move two buoys N.  We will see what happens.

• Like 1

So today I'm walking back from a lousy hunt.    I hear someone behind me calling " Sir, Sir could you please help me find my Anchor. (he was fiddling with his neck)  A very polite Man from India or Pakistan. Had a accent.   So we walk down where he lost it yesterday.   Gave him my scoop, asked him to draw a circle around where he thinks he lost it.   Ok second pass I get a junk metal number -17.  He was watching me like a Hawk.   I told him it was some kind of junk but I'll dig it anyway.   So up pops a Tent Peg (shiny)     Man, he scooped it up like a Magnet.   "Thank you, thank you Sir for finding my tent Anchor!  My wife was very, very mad, now she will be very happy."      And away he Goes.    So I'm standing there wondering what just happened.         Must have lost something in the translation  .     True story.     

• Like 2
  • Haha 5