Will The Deus II Make The Sea Hunter And Excalibur Obsolete?

I think XP's Deus II will take a huge slice of the scuba detector market.. I'd even go as far as saying it'll make Garrett's Sea Hunter and Minelab's Excalibur obsolete (maybe they'll find a niche market with marine archaeologists or as historical oddities).. 

The reason I'm so confident in my prediction is that the Deus II is water-proof to a whopping 20 metres! I know the Sea Hunter and Excalibur have depth limits three times that but when does the average scuba detectorists ever dive deeper than 20 meters? Jewellery, coins and other valuables are nearly always found in much shallower water..

A second reason I like the Deus II as a scuba detector is that unlike the Sea Hunter and Excalibur it has a target ID.. Time will tell if the Dues II in its multi-frequency ‘diving program’ (4 - 14khz) with a 13 x 11" coil will punch as deep as the PI detectors with their smaller coils, but in the meantime the ability to accurately sort out targets underwater will make a huge difference to people about to buy a scuba detector (and for those searching in areas with loads of junk).. 

This is besides the Deus's touted abilities on dry and wet sand.. I don’t think it’ll knock the Equinox of its perch as my main beach detector, especially with its 15” coil (but if XP made a 17’’ coil all bets would be off).. 😁

But whatever happens to its expensive big brand rivals, I can't wait to get my hands on a Deus II as my main scuba detector (sorry PulseDive, but you’ll always remain my favourite when I venture deeper than 20 metres)..

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Erik Oostra said:

Time will tell if the Dues II in its multi-frequency ‘diving program’ (4 - 14khz) with a 13 x 11" coil will punch as deep as the PI detectors with their smaller coils

You're right in Your toughts on this machine...

I'm however waiting to see if that diving program can be switched when diving  to the beach sens or to be modified with frequency addition.

Cause the diving program isn't able to "hear" a broken chain as the beach sens. can do.

Talking about coils I still prefer a smaller one with higher sensitivity than a bigger one to manage and stabilize downthere...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Talking about coils I still prefer a smaller one with higher sensitivity than a bigger one to manage and stabilize downthere...

Good point Skullgolddiver.. that's also another advantage of the Deus II over the Sea Hunter and Excalibur: a larger range of coil sizes!    

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I'm however waiting to see if that diving program can be switched when diving  to the beach sens

Another good point.. Has anyone tried this? Can you change programs (eg. from 'dive program' to 'beach sensitive program') underwater? surely if you can do it on land you must be able to change programs underwater.. 😁

• Like 2

I don't think the Deus ll will kill the Excalibur, I think most of the damage has already been done to the excal when the Nox came out. Where it will hurt, the new excal sales .... specially with the 5 year warranty. As far as the Sea Hunter, it lost out a long time ago.. the Deus ll will hurt the Nox more then any machine, and ....Now seeing a lot of Deus owners have there machines up for sale already.

My opinion on the target ID, it's excellent to have on shallow targets beaches, sandy beaches, where targets can sink very deep, if your depending on target ID your missing the gold..

• Like 9

On 12/29/2021 at 7:34 AM, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

if your depending on target ID your missing the gold..

If only the Excal was not so blind to chains😔....I'd never use a digital🙏

• Like 2