Garrett 24k Wireless Bluetooth Audio

GotAU?

I use a low latency Avantree Torus wireless Bluetooth collar headphone with my Equinox and wanted the same option for my Garrett 24k.  This Bluetooth transmitter works well with my 24k and is also rated as low latency, so there’s very little lag time between swinging over a target and hearing the target tones. Use stick-on Velcro to hold it onto the back side of the arm cuff and run the cable into the audio input/output port on the detector. You will need a 1/8” female to 1/4” male plug adapter to connect the two. A right angle adapter helps make for a lower cord profile into the detector’s audio output plug.

The manufacturer says it lasts up to 14 hours, mine is new and I haven’t used it over eight hours yet. It seems to work well, causes no interference and delivers nice audio. I’ll post a better review after a few days of harder field testing. It may be a good option to use for wireless Bluetooth audio with other detectors as well.

Edits: not water proof so use a baggie cover.

A right-angle adapter makes it nicer as the cord won’t stick out the back so far (as shown in new photos)

Giveet Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07198BBZN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

CERRXIAN Right Angle 1/4 Male to 1/8 Female Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5LWJWQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_QP59Q3BYB1T42CSRZGGV

D8273AAB-C971-48B8-85D6-06EA1ED98EEC.thumb.jpeg.966688dc4ba08397c69d2a87a808628f.jpeg0B1DABBC-01B8-430C-9115-B68E89977ECD.thumb.jpeg.bef12c42884ca684aa2392039e3923bd.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Garrett 24k Wireless Bluetooth Audio
  • 4 weeks later...

Update: I just field tested my $30 Giveet Bluetooth transmitter (link posted above) with my Avantree Torus wireless Bluetooth collar headphone for 2 days now and it worked really well for prospecting. Pairing audio from the 24k to the headphones was easy and fast, and the audio responds quick with no discernible lag time between swings over a target and when you hear it,  the sound quality is very good, and the charge is lasting more than 10 hours now.

It also works well with my GP 3500 - no interference.

• Like 6

I assume you are referring to this.  (...aptX LL/FS 40 ms...)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I assume you are referring to this.  (...aptX LL/FS 40 ms...)

Yes, that’s the one. I also just found a right- angle adapter that will work better with it and posted the link for it above too.