Thinning Down The Herd ??

You guys are really sick wanting to have all these detectors!!!-----I (at the moment) got 15 of 'em----but---I ain't sick though---that's what I keep tellin myself anyway. :)------I got (6) F-19's (keep different coils on them)---(4) Deus 1s---(1) ORX---(2) CTXs & (2) Etracs.-----I (think) there is a method to my madness as my wife & I both detect & what papa gits, mamma gits.----That & the fact they are oh sooo sweet babies!----The ORX is going "bye bye" though & two of the four Deus should be if I could bring myself to do it.----Balls, all four Deus 1s should be goin bye bye as I got two of the new Deus 2s on pre-order.----Doing a "self examination--forget what I said about not being sick---I guess I am---plenty!------What a fun sickness it is though! šŸ™‚

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Most ive had in hand at a time has been 5. To enable order of Deus II, I sold all but the Orx which I wanted for backup and backup run power. But alas, she is gone too. Thereā€™s a possibility Iā€™ll get a second coil for the D2 - probably the 11ā€ not really a need but would give added run time and the better coverage when Iā€™m on large areas. I have my dealer discount if I do.Ā 
Ā Ā  Ā Having a slew of detectors would be nice just not practical.Ā 

• Like 3

I used to have a few detectors on hand years ago. Then down to 2-3 last 5 years or so. Now it will be just 1 , the deus 2.Ā  I have sold everything I don't use very often from diggers to pinpointers to extra detectors.Ā  Anymore simple is just better. I just could never imagine, nor would I ever want a bunch of metal detectors.Ā  It would be like using computers from 1997, or a radio from the 60's.Ā  I sell while value is still there and move on.. I knew some hoarders and I just have no idea what they are thinking lol. I have a few guns and knives though, and fishing equipment but things that become outdated are sold .Ā 

• Like 2

Just sold the Garrett Apex, Tarsacci MDT 8000, Nokta Simplex+, and a spare Goldmaster 24K. Still leaves me with GPX 6000, Garrett 24K, Whiteā€™s DFX, and Equinox. Deus II on order. That will do me just fine for 2022. The only thing that Iā€™m on the lookout for is another PI to complement my GPX 6000, something a little more beach and coin/relic oriented, but what I want does not quite exist yet, so Iā€™m not holding my breath. Looks like Iā€™ll be settling at 5-6 detectors, with just a couple of those accounting for nearly all my detecting. Right now that would be GPX 6000 and Equinox, but maybe Deus II will change that equation. Weā€™ll see. Iā€™m looking forward to 2022.Ā :smile:

8D86F6FF-DFA7-4194-91FE-F90195791E7B.jpeg

• Like 6

Never really had a lot of detectors at one time, if it does not find gold for me it goes back out the door fairly fast. Two for right now, the Excalibur and AQ Limited, I see one come along that is doing more then these two are I'll be in line. Took the AQ out yesterday to see if it still had it's Mojo..Ā 

Ā 

• Like 9
  • Oh my! 1

6 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

šŸ‘Looks like yer mojo workin' to me !

Ā 

That's a pretty deep hole for under water ...they cave in on ya pretty fast I'd guess ?

The sand is not as fluid here in the bay and can be more like layers, sand, then shells/sand, repeated several times. At the ocean a totally different story, one scoop and your fighting the walls. There are many different types of bottoms here, most are firm and some even like concrete, hard packed shells for feet.

• Like 2

OBN Joe

I looked again and it did look kinda lumpy when plopped into that floating sifter...šŸ§Ā Sounded kinda heavy too....Ā 

Maybe I need a dry suit to go out far enough to find that kind of sea bottom?Ā šŸ˜Ā Here it typically is sand , mud or rock .Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh !Ā  Might need new beaches ?Ā Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

I still have over 30 of the best ever produced from all over the world. Most grade 9 or above. At 70 years of age my Herd will start to be sold, not because of any new model but to others who want something different in their detecting life. 2022 is my 53rd year as a tester, relic hunter having used many hundreds of detectors in my life.Ā 

• Like 9

At one time I was up to 10 detectors. Currently I'm down to 3 that I use consistently and 4 that I don't and will eventually sell in the Spring or use them as loaners to family members. It just gets to the point that you can't keep up with making sure all the batteries are charged and all the accessories are organized properly.

The detectors I use consistently are the GPX 5000, XP Deus 1 and Equinox 800. In reserves I have a Whites XLT, Garrett Apex, Minelab eTrac and GPX 4500. The XLT is actually a good loaner for someone who has little detecting experience. I can set it up and let them go hunt without having to constantly help them with dig or don't dig signals. As for the others in reserve, I see me selling most of them in the Spring when the market for used machines gets better.

Currently I have both the Legend and Deus 2 on order. One or both of those may prompt me to sell either/both of the Deus 1 and Equinox 800 since they are both out of warranty. That will of course depend on performance.

• Like 3