Crazy Stuff And A First! (update)

Great hunt. Now you have a couple of areas that had old finds in them.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Great hunt. Now you have a couple of areas that had old finds in them.

I'm hoping "have" is more the word! 😀

This place is so big it would take me a long time to cover it. I haven't touched the field next to the house, at least another 100 acres. The house was built in the early 1700s. The family came out skeet shooting today, thought it best not to get in the way 😎

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Congrats on the seated!   You have a beautiful place to hunt!   Looks like it’s secluded and away from traffic noise. 

Thanks! A first for me.

Seated, standing and walking. I don't have a standing liberty yet, or a Barber other than the "V" nickel.

I'm thinking of offering something for anyone that can tell me why Liberty went through those 3 phases from standing to walking 🤔 🤣

I'm about 3/4 of a mile from the highway that runs through here, it's kinda quiet anyway. I jumped once when they started shooting, but after I figured out which direction they were shooting it was cool.

• Like 1

I would wander everywhere until I found old stuff. Then pound all those areas hard. The answer to your question on why lady Liberty evolved is simple. Metal detecting was born and lady Liberty is trying to get away from all you hole digging varmints. She was just fine sitting until someone dug up her sister and put her in a pouch. 😄

• Haha 4

Good scouting. And finding! There are more out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great place to hunt. 62 there? Had to shovel my driveway so I could get out to dig 😞

Very nice seated.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, kac said:

Great place to hunt. 62 there? Had to shovel my driveway so I could get out to dig 😞

Very nice seated.

It won't last, tomorrow will be a seasonable 48. 😵 It'll be 55 Tuesday, so out I go again. Whacko weather this, all El Niña's fault, but I'll take it. 😀 I really want another KG3!

Great finds for the hard hunting that you have done.

The pond looks rather new (50-60 years old, I think I would be checking along the creeks that supply it.

During the Civil War troops would camp near creeks for fresh water.

Should the lake be much older then look for an old camp site area for the best finds

I will send you some more warm weather so you can check it out better.

Good luck on your next outing in a couple of days..

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Crazy Stuff And A First! (update)