Theres Something About Gary

strick

I couldn’t agree more. To detect with him, especially in England , would be an incredible experience- but I’d detect in England with anyone just for the chance to detect in England. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Gary just got a easy manner in how he explains whatever the subject in his videos. 
 You could say he’s cool with a slow hand and easy touch.

Chuck 

• Like 2

I like Gary’s videos too.  He’s very knowledgeable and straight up.  It’s almost as if he doesn’t have an affiliation with XP.  He doesn’t bash or even mention other detectors (in the videos that I’ve seen).  He just lets the actions speak for themselves.  In this day and age of hype and hyperbole it’s refreshing to be presented with facts without all the bravado.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Loren said:

I like the guy and watch every video he does... but him being an advocate of dowsing somewhat harms his credibility in my eyes. 

I hear ya, but I gave Simon a pass on his belief in Santa Claus and I try not to be a hypocrite.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Loren said:

I like the guy and watch every video he does... but him being an advocate of dowsing somewhat harms his credibility in my eyes. 

He could believe in the tooth fairy and I would still watch all of his videos on the Deus platforms. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, strick said:

So if I were giving out Oscars Gary would get Best XP Teacher of the year...

I’d go a step farther and say Best Video Metal Detector Instructor - All Brands. If there is a detector I’m interested in I want to hear about it, and nothing else. White’s set the standard for this type of videos early on, with hour long, in depth video “instruction manuals” for models like the MXT. Really great stuff. Minelab has put out some nice tech type videos. I’ll do my own comparing - what I want is in depth info, that goes beyond what is in the instruction manual.

• Like 3

I met Gary on a Sunday dig over here in Belgium a few years ago.

Equinoxes flying around, CTX’s with 17” coils shooting the seeded coins like fish in a barrel. Fair share of Deus 1 users. The Garrett crowd all full of boyscout metal detecting patches. And me with my MXT All pro digging up mouse-farts.

Calm, collected, polite Englishman with more than a bit of in depth knowledge about XP in particular and metal detectors in general.

Deus may not be the deepest, most ID-iest but it’s by far the easiest to swingiest. And on the immense as far as the eye can see iron fields that’s what counts.

According to Gary that is,.... and then I bought another Deus 🤐

• Like 4