Recirculating Highbanker

Hey HardPack

Not a bad setup you got for yourself. Is it cons you running are screen down material you hauled back to work at home?

I’d like to get back dredging but so many times you run into a road block of one thing are another.

I remember way back when in Colorado you just needed a permit. Then later BLM wanted 20 dollars for the first claim and 10 for each after that. Now whoever owns the claims has to have a bond . GPAA has some claims but they not getting any bond but I ask if I could and was told no it’s got to be the claim owner .

It’s another club that does have a bond on their claims but you have to attend a class. If you can’t make the class it cost you 50 for their permit . Where they at you won’t even pay for your gas .

I was hoping California would open up again but that in itself would be a miracle. If they really wanted the mercury out of our rivers then they let people back in the rivers dredging. That dredger knows that mercury has gold in it and that would be stupid to let it go back in the river .

Chuck 

Running buckets of classified material from an cemented bench gravel the old timers left behind. A lot of chiseling, single jacking & boulder winching. The pay was on a false bedrock four feet above bedrock located 35 feet above the stream channel. The material was processed both on site and at the shop. On site I used a 12vdc AGM deep cycle battery; at the shop a 120vac to 12vdc converter. I adapted a backpack frame to haul that 65 pound AGM battery. Then I heard about metal detecting…

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

• 1 month later...