Half Price Sale Is It Worth It ?

As I watch all the videos on the Legend and the Deus 11 I’m just wondering were I really want to spend my money.

The Legend it being half the price of the Deus 11 I don’t have to sell anything. My kids knowing I was thinking about buying another detector gave me cash for Christmas. The only problem I’m having on watching all the videos on the Legend I’ve seen more excitement in a funeral home over a dead body than I have it .

Here you got the Deus 11 twice price and I have to sell my soul ( Talking about my Nox 800 that I bought just lately it being the third one) that being my Nox I’d have to take a hit on to buy the Deus 11.

At this point I’m just watching videos because that’s what is going to sell me not the difference in price. So far the videos that Calabash is making is winning on the Deus 11 and he could sell someone at the North Pole a refrigerator if nothing else a ice chest. The main thing with Calabash he’s all do show and tell. Come hell are high water he’s got you there with him.

I don’t want something just some better than my Nox. I want something that stands out from any detector I’ve had in the past. If it can’t do that then Nox you’re not going anywhere.

Sitting on a picket fence is starting to hurt so if you see my Nox for sale you know I got off of it.

Chuck 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Chuck,
Sit back and enjoy the moment, winter is just starting up. Calabash has a Legend on pre-order. It a sure thing he will run it up against the equinox 800 on some hot Colorado dirt. The Legend videos are just now coming out, enjoy. Keep in mind, rumor has it that Minelab has five secret products releasing prior to the end of the fiscal year ending on June 30th 2022. When those rumored releases are announced we can enjoy another four months of waiting and watching videos as the pre-orders roll in. By then the XP Deus II “goldfield program” will actually be detecting of the goldfields and Nokta Makro will kick out a 9x5 coil for the Legend to stay in the game. Like the new member from Nokta Makro said “be patient guys! “ Who am I kidding, all this hold off typing ain’t working for me either, perhaps someone on the forum should start up a detector AA support group that offers discount codes and frequent buyers miles. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's fun to watch all the testing that's going on with the new machines. But it doesn't answer all the questions for me as to which is the best, I'm going to have to get them out and decide for myself. Everyone has their own hunt styles, sites, soil types and target types that differ from everyone else. Watching someone do a depth test in mild soil tells me nothing about my soil, which is very mineralized. Watching someone do an elevated iron and coin separation test also tells me nothing about my sites and the targets that are located in them. Yes it gives me a good idea of how machines perform as I have done the same on some of my videos. But in the end I think each person needs to decide on the features that are most important to them when making a buying decision.

I don't dive or even hunt in the water much, so waterproof means nothing to me. although it is nice to have some rain protection. I also don't coin hunt parks much, so stable target ID also has little use. If I get a non-ferrous signal I dig with a full size shovel no matter what the ID is. I hunt Military relics, ghost towns, gold nuggets and do some wet sand beach hunting. Really the only things that matter to me with the new machines coming out is will they pernitrate my mineralized soil, do they have fast recovery and can I get a small coil for them. So at the moment both the Legend and the Deus 2 interest me for different reasons. But until I can get them in the sites I hunt, I'm not sure they can fully replace the detectors I currently use which are the GPX 5000 (Which I know that's not happening) the Deus 1 and the Equinox 800.

• Like 6

In a few months, things will become much clearer.

I have a feeling that the Deus II to the Equinox 800 will be more like comparing an Equinox 600 to a Vanquish 540 or Garrett Apex as opposed to comparing an Equinox 600 to a Bounty Hunter IV.

In other words, noticeable differences in SMF performance and a few features, but nothing "groundbreaking."

• Like 1

I think the Deus II was created to be the best new detector for the professional all around treasure hunter who uses a metal detector. I think the Legend was created to be an alternative to the Equinox 800. People will buy the Deus II because they want the opportunity to up their game over what they have now. The Legend will be bought because folks who have a 600 or a Vanquish want an upgrade at a price they can afford. Having a legend and an 800 seems redundant to me. It'll be interesting to see in 6-9 months where things stand. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Skate said:

Having a legend and an 800 seems redundant to me. It'll be interesting to see in 6-9 months where things stand. 

That's kind of what I'm thinking, although the Legend looks like it's going to do a little better in the iron than the Equinox.

9 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

As I watch all the videos on the Legend and the Deus 11 I’m just wondering were I really want to spend my money.

The Legend it being half the price of the Deus 11 I don’t have to sell anything. My kids knowing I was thinking about buying another detector gave me cash for Christmas. The only problem I’m having on watching all the videos on the Legend I’ve seen more excitement in a funeral home over a dead body than I have it .

Here you got the Deus 11 twice price and I have to sell my soul ( Talking about my Nox 800 that I bought just lately it being the third one) that being my Nox I’d have to take a hit on to buy the Deus 11.

At this point I’m just watching videos because that’s what is going to sell me not the difference in price. So far the videos that Calabash is making is winning on the Deus 11 and he could sell someone at the North Pole a refrigerator if nothing else a ice chest. The main thing with Calabash he’s all do show and tell. Come hell are high water he’s got you with him.

I don’t want something just some better than my Nox. I want something that stands out from any detector I’ve had in the past. If it can’t do that then Nox you’re not going anywhere.

Sitting on a picket fence is starting to hurt so if you see my Nox for sale you know I got off of it.

Chuck 

Hey Chuck

to me it sounds like you really want the deus 2.   Life’s too short to compromise on a new detector purchase.  Plus the legend looks like it’s going to perform similar to the nox, but with hopefully better build quality and reliability.  The deus, however is a completely different animal and from the looks of it much better performance than the nox.  I say go for it!   Lol

• Like 3

This may seem extreme in terms of an analogy but as I get older the reality of things becomes much clearer. My uncle bought a house in Big Bear 20 years ago to eventually retire to. Every year was going to be the last year to work and then he finally was going to have enough money to retire and move to his cabin home. 17 years later he was still not retired and was diagnosed with lung cancer and 4 months later he passed. He never got to live in his cabin he loved so much because he never felt he had enough. When I see people losing perspective today I always point them out to my kids (who are 30 and 24) and tell them not to be their uncle Jim. 

Metal Detecting is a hobby and hobbies are supposed to be fun. Every detector I have ever bought has been resold with little to no loss on my investment. The fun in new machines is the anticipation that this time I'm really going to clean up and find that ring, chain, or ancient silver coin. I'm buying a new Deus II as soon as someone says it's my turn on the list and if the legend turns out to be the next great thing I'll buy it too. Just don't tell my wife. 

• Like 6

NCtoad

You missed your calling when passed up being a palm reader. You read mine correct.

If it don’t even know how to swim it’s okay . I must admit if I wanted to sale it down the road that would enhance the price.

I’ve got microwave popcorn and I’m just sitting back enjoying all the videos .

Chuck 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

NCtoad

You missed your calling when passed up being a palm reader. You read mine correct.

If it don’t even know how to swim it’s okay . I must admit if I wanted to sale it down the road that would enhance the price.

I’ve got microwave popcorn and I’m just sitting back enjoying all the videos .

Chuck 

Keep a video eye out for Garrett. I am sure they received a lot of great feedback & requests on the Apex. Such as an updated all terrain expanded multi frequency version.

• Like 1