Things To Do During The Storm (without A Wife)

15 hours ago, strick said:

A little more expensive tires 

Thanks...I checked this type but not so good for me especially cause of the harsh terrain full of things ready to make punctures😔

• Like 2

16 hours ago, stoneshirt said:

Hi.I would use PVC Tubing

Thanks for the idea!🔥

I think a thick PVC tube can make a good sleeve over the wheels.

Drift trikes usually has this solution onboard💣 

Those should work but take most the air pressure out, about 5psi should get you there.

What makes the ballon tires work on sand is not only the large surface area but the low pressure that helps dispurse the weight.

• Like 2

Those beach balloon wheels are useless. Because they are round profile you end up with a round profile in the sand. It only really rolls great on hard surfaces.

Same with the doubled or tripled standard wheels. The nice round profile is absolute useless on soft terrain.

What you really need to take a look at are the smaller wheels, front or rear on a Ride-On Mower. A Flat profile that has a tendency not to push things away, but grab loose dirt and hold it whilst rolling over it. Designed to be aired at .6 bar and carry about 175 kg of weight per axle without leaving tracks on fresh mowed grass. And if your friendly to the salesman/technician at the local Stihl/John Deere dealership. He will even provide the greasable kind. A little grease makes everything runs a lot smoother.

Beach balloon wheels, absolute junk!!

• Thanks 1