Closing Out Another Year

Andyy

Very nice hunt with some great looking nuggets, glad to see that you and your friends had some fun and some luck.

Good luck on your next outing, as it may just be the right therapy for you.

• Like 1

Nice story and glad to see you get back on DP.  We all go through periods were we get focused on other things for a variety of reasons and so at times our regular reading/posting gets behind.  I'm just as bad and especially after a vacation as it takes me a couple weeks to get caught up.

Hunting with friends is one of the best parts of metal detecting to me.  Sure I'll go do it alone, but I prefer to have buddies along so we can harass each other and also celebrate our successful digs when it happens.

Your gold in the pics is certainly very nice and to be able to dig those with friends , just adds to that adventure.

Keep it up.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2021 at 9:19 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Hunting with friends is one of the best parts of metal detecting to me.  Sure I'll go do it alone, but I prefer to have buddies along so we can harass each other and also celebrate our successful digs when it happens.

So true, Gerry.  And I think if you can hunt with others you can trust, you will both benefit... both from the gold, and more importantly, the knowledge.  I would never be the gold hunter I am today, without trusting in others.  Inadvertently, we have shared in our learnings.  Yes, I found lots of gold before I ever teamed up, but I have since found much more than I would have on my own, due to me sharing my knowledge and visa versa. 

But, it can be a fine balance in finding a hunting partner.  You must ... choose wisely.  🙂

• Like 4

On 1/2/2022 at 12:15 AM, Andyy said:

But, it can be a fine balance in finding a hunting partner.  You must ... choose wisely.  🙂

That's a fact as I have experienced lost friendships because of gold.

• Like 1