Deus II Screen Protector?

NCtoad

Is a screen protector necessary for the deus II?   Also is any other protection necessary to keep it looking nice?   I like keeping my nox new looking by having a screen protector and one of the Deanos covers.  Just wondering if there’s anything needed for the new deus.  

I use these on every machine I get. I cut a template and place it over as much of the screen as possible. They're almost indestructible, plus The price is right too.    "Zagg InvisibleShield for Amazon Kindle Fire Screen". I buy them off eBay for 5 bucks. I am more concerned about the screen getting scratched then I am about the housing getting scuffed up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

I use these on every machine I get. I cut a template and place it over as much of the screen as possible. They're almost indestructible, plus The price is right too.    "Zagg InvisibleShield for Amazon Kindle Fire Screen". I buy them off eBay for 5 bucks. I am more concerned about the screen getting scratched then I am about the housing getting scuffed up.

i still have a bunch of the equinox screen covers  cut to fit and they work fine.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Loren said:

Has anybody ever tried a screen cover to reduce glare?

Did you read the responses to this thread?  The two previous to yours answered your question.

41 minutes ago, Flydog said:

I had to go back and look. The two previous posts make no mention if the screen protector reduces glare.

My bad -- I thought that was part of the 'package'.  The Zagg works great reducing glare if it's anything like the screen protector I use (currently unavailable).  The ones that come with the Eqx -- help some, but not so great, IMO.  Maybe @Dan(NM)will confirm about the Zagg.

5 hours ago, Loren said:

Has anybody ever tried a screen cover to reduce glare? I wish detector companies would make some attempt to reduce glare because I can't really see the display in most of the Deus II videos.

I use the Nox and glare has never been an issue for me. These screen protectors aren't advertised as anti-glare.

I often use whatever plastic packaging I like the feel of or is nice and clear, cut it and attach with thin strips of tape. I think I’ll try self adhesive  zagg. Adhesive Laminating plastic made for cards works really well. 
glass garmin gps screen covers if right size ( need exact) are top notch. 

I ordered a neoprene iPhone wristband holder - with my Orx remote there’s going to be a bit of space (1/4” side to side, 1/2” up./down) just cut foam spacers to center it. There’s a flap to access charge port. 
mine was $8 on eBay. Might leave wrist strap on so I can take remote off and wear it on my forearm.  If not I’ll cut it off. 
    After I ordered it I realized it’s waterproof and maybe all I need is screen protector and no full cover. I absolutely want my remote tethered to the shaft end. I use the smallest pinch clips ( like from small web belt or dog collar) and attach with Thin elastic cord. I never understand why XP doesn’t have a safety tether built on, considering how often the remote has popped off the shaft, but it’s an easy problem to solve in a dozen ways. 

16 hours ago, Dan(NM) said:

These screen protectors aren't advertised as anti-glare.

I don't know which screen protectors you are referring to (the Equinox supplied ones?) but see the last bullet point on the Amazon page (below) which I linked earler:

1907322668_Screenshotat2021-12-30104914.png.7d2ef74b612ef3b150e7fb5a557918fe.png

Glare is a big deal for me when I detect, particularly if the sun is to my back.  The screen protector I use (Amazon link a couple posts above) does an excellent job with glare.  Only if the sun is directly at the wrong angle can I not easily see the screen.  And note that even when the sun isn't behind me the anti-glare properties help a lot.  I use the same protector/anti-glare product on all my detectors with displays.

As far as whether they work well for video/camera shots, I have no experience there.

• Like 1

I recently got my detector back ( I wont name names to protect the guilty, but I bet you can figure it out ; )   from being repaired and some "professional" apparently thought packaging tape would make a nice screen protector during service and shipping.  I was pretty pissed. Although it wasn't hard to remove the tape, it left adhesive behind! I knew it would be a bad idea to use a solvent on the plastic window/screen so about a 1/2 hour of rubbing with my thumb and got it all off. Except for a blemished area that actually looks like something melted into the surface. Solder splash? Reaction with the tape adhesive? Sigh, was in brand new condition before sending it in.

IMG_2181.JPG

• Oh my! 1