Deus II Screen Protector?

NCtoad

17 minutes ago, Flydog said:

I recently got my detector back ( I wont name names to protect the guilty, but I bet you can figure it out ; )   from being repaired and some "professional" apparently thought packaging tape would make a nice screen protector during service and shipping.  I was pretty pissed. Although it wasn't hard to remove the tape, it left adhesive behind! I knew it would be a bad idea to use a solvent on the plastic window/screen so about a 1/2 hour of rubbing with my thumb and got it all off. Except for a blemished area that actually looks like something melted into the surface. Solder splash? Reaction with the tape adhesive? Sigh, was in brand new condition before sending it in.

IMG_2181.JPG

That’s awful!  You should have taken pictures of it before taking the tape off and emailed the pics to them.  

On 12/29/2021 at 11:27 AM, basstrackerman said:

i still have a bunch of the equinox screen covers  cut to fit and they work fine.  

That's exactly what I was planning to use all along.  😉  Minelab provided numerous screen covers with the Equinox that should last a life time on the Deus.

They measure 2.5" square after cutting off the black multi language strip.  As basstrackerman says, just cut it to fit the Deus II 2x1.5" screen.

• Like 2

I do like to use custom made Slip On environmental covers on my Deus I as it keeps mud and grit from messing up the RC keypad and casing.  I'm expecting a detector RC that is designed for the rigors of dive operation to be more resistant to such abuse and may just opt for the matte (i.e., no glare) screen protector route with perhaps an XP silicone case with the screen window cut out (if XP makes one compatible for the D2).  The D1 silicone case screen window scratched up pretty easily which ultimately resulted in inability to see the RC screen.

• 2 months later...

If you buy an extra hip mount case you can cut it down to fit perfectly as a mountable case. The hip mount case is only around $16. 

I was out yesterday with my D2 and the glare was terrible. I will be ordering a screen protector that is anti-glare... thanks for the tips..

9 hours ago, martygene said:

I was out yesterday with my D2 and the glare was terrible. I will be ordering a screen protector that is anti-glare... thanks for the tips..

I agree- I do have non glare protector but the environmental cover is glare inducing so I might cut the plastic where the screen is so I can benefit from the anti glare of the protector.