Nokta Or A Minelab?

On 12/30/2021 at 9:06 AM, johnnytuinals said:

I agree hearing about how Cheaply the Nox800 is.

But wondering if there will be a replacement soon with the Anfibio?

I am sure the Legend is a good detector and a good price but would like to see if a Anfibio will be introduced soon?..............JT

The Anfibio 14 and 19 kHz have been discontinued.  They are keeping the Multi-frequency model but it is not simultaneous MF like the Legend.  I don't know why they didn't just modify the Anfibio rather than develop a whole new machine that closely resembles the Equinox.

Walt

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bohemia Miner said:

I don't know why they didn't just modify the Anfibio rather than develop a whole new machine that closely resembles the Equinox.

Going from selectable frequency to simultaneous multifrequency isn't simply a modification.

2 hours ago, abenson said:

From the looks of it I don't think the Legend will replace my Nox. To me it appears and sounds like Nokta Makro made a detector that almost mimics the Nox, IMO they should have set themselves apart rather than played follow the leader. Yea the Legend is probably going to be better built, has a flashlight (which I will never use) vibration (which I personally will never use) a clock, etc. small features. The fact that the Legend doesn't have iron bias is a big factor in it not replacing the Nox. I also don't want to learn a new set of target ID's, it's already hard enough to go back and forth between the Dues and the Nox as it is. If anything I'll eventually drop the Nox in favor of the Deus 2, depending on how it performs in bad ground.

Iron Bias appears not to be all that it is cracked up to be . But black sand capability is a must. And the Ferro check is important too. Heard on a particular vid that it isn't that good but then in the background there is a Deus 11 box !

Anyway i have paid for the Deus 11 and will get that soon. The Legend might have to wait . I will continue with the Nox till later in the year and see how much i find . I want to make sure i dont keep making losses from buying and selling machines. 

I have switched and swapped to many times in the past. Has to stop.

19 minutes ago, Nuke em said:

Iron Bias appears not to be all that it is cracked up to be . But black sand capability is a must. And the Ferro check is important too. Heard on a particular vid that it isn't that good but then in the background there is a Deus 11 box !

I have switched and swapped to many times in the past. Has to stop.

When I hunt ghost towns I use iron bias to knock out bottle caps and large tin. The Nox from my experience handles black sand just fine. Ferro check only works on shallow targets, I've never trusted it on any machine on deeper targets.

I can totally agree with the switching machines too much. I too have to stop this practice and just find a few good machines and get rid of the rest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Going from selectable frequency to simultaneous multifrequency isn't simply a modification.

Wouldn't just be a software mode?

Thanks!

Walt

• 4 months later...

My motto is buy the best you can afford as you'll save money in the long run, the higher end detectors have higher resale value too if you want to throw in the towel on the hobby, you can barely give a Simplex away here now, prices have bottomed out now the Legend is out where as the competitions multi freaker entry levels still get good prices on the used market.

Nokta could just about discontinue every detector they sell now the Legend is out, with just a gold prospecting model and an entry level model still required in their lineup, and they basically have done that already.

Soon the Simplex may get replaced with a MF to stay in the game with the competition that two of which are already offering that.

I wouldn't invest any money in a single frequency coin detector even if it allows you to change that frequency now, it's all multi from here on in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Nokta could just about discontinue every detector they sell now the Legend is out, with just a gold prospecting model and an entry level model still required in their lineup, and they basically have done that already.

Well, there are some coils N/M still needs to produce for the Legend to make the replacement complete.  And to add to their company bottom line, if they offer coils for their SMF that their two main competitors don't, they will add to market share on that alone.

• Like 2