Hunting An Old Drained Pond

2 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That's a Nice Gold!! Love red stone gold rings.. 

No doubt you did a service to mother nature also, Lotta digging...🏴‍☠️

Thanks Joe. I wish I had not procrastinated as the pond was bare for months. Target are shallow and I could have used the Nox for most of the hunts. Live and learn

Just now, King-Of-Bling said:

I've had many a beach hunt likes yours. I know of a few over analytical engineer type knuckleheads who would question my trash to target ratio. And I could care less. The point is you found a beautiful gold ring. Lots of digging exercise and a great hunt !

Thanks. I could have just used the Equinox and hunted differently. Had I known that this was going to be easy, shallow digging I would have done it differently. But I could have missed that ring because of all the different sizes of aluminum that may read the same as the ring, so I decided to dig as many targets as I could dig, until there was no more room in the pouch 😄.

• Like 1

Great stuff again! Yeah a lot of trash, but you sure do find the good ones. 🙂

I bet if you took the 5000 over where people were more successful, you'd get everything they missed. You just got some good practice in. 😀

• Like 1

Bet your legs are sore tomorrow.  That is a lot of holes represented in the pics!  Great job pulling the gold ring out of the mix!

Zincoln

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Great stuff again! Yeah a lot of trash, but you sure do find the good ones. 🙂

I bet if you took the 5000 over where people were more successful, you'd get everything they missed. You just got some good practice in. 😀

Hopefully I won' t run out of time and the deep freeze hits. I wanted to cross that small running water but chickened out. I didn't want to be that guy that gets stuck in the mud and has to call for help 😄 They already had one of those for the fire department to practice on 😆 I will go over to the better side next time. This hunt i just wanted to get used to what I was up against. I really didn't expect that many targets to be so shallow. The ring made it all worth it.

21 minutes ago, Zincoln said:

Bet your legs are sore tomorrow.  That is a lot of holes represented in the pics!  Great job pulling the gold ring out of the mix!

Zincoln

Probably will be soar, since I didn't take anything to drink with me. 🙄 I opted to take a spare set of mini headphones with me in the spot usually reserved for a 16 oz electrolyte drink. I've had some headphone issues lately, so I didn't want to trudge back up that steep briar filled hill until I was done for the day. It did help that the targets were shallow and very close to one another. I could actually dig 2 or 3 targets without getting up if they were close enough.

• Like 1