Vanquish 440 Factory Custom Mode Notching

There is an interesting factory preset for custom mode: based on Coin mode with its fast recovery time and low/medium tone break at ID 2/3 but only ID 11-13 and 21-40 ranges notched in.  What may be the intended purpose of it?

Read pages 3 and 13 in the English version of the Vanquish 440/540 online users guide for a little more information about the Custom mode features. It should answer your questions.

minelab-vanquish-440-540-user-guide.pdf

Cheers for that! The question was really about the particular choice of Minelab's default notching in the Custom mode, not how to change it.  I think I might have figured out the answer: the notching-in corresponds to all modern US (but not Australian) coins with the nickel at around 13 and the rest at 21+.

7 minutes ago, mcjtom said:

Cheers for that! The question was really about the particular choice of Minelab's default notching in the Custom mode, not how to change it.  I think I might have figured out the answer: the notching-in corresponds to all modern US (but not Australian) coins with the nickel at around 13 and the rest at 21+.

Your are welcome.

I could have given you that answer, but I wanted you to figure it out. I knew you would.

The Vanquish series is a big seller here in the USA and there are tons of them in all of the big box sporting goods stores so maybe that is the reason Minelab decided on that default discrimination pattern. It sure won't work very well on modern Australian coins..........

• Haha 1