Really excellent finds. That is a great location, enjoy it. Thanks for sharing & continued success & fun in 2022.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JCR said:

Really excellent finds. That is a great location, enjoy it. Thanks for sharing & continued success & fun in 2022.

Thanks. Just added a picture of the house, part of it was built in the 1700s. We managed to find one of the better "hot spots" today.

• Like 1

Yes! You're getting into the good stuff.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Love the flat buttons!

Thanks, takes me back to a year ago when I was finding them right in front of my house 🤣 it's all winter wheat now. This place is a whole mile or two away.

They get pretty beat up here. Lots of corrosion.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Excellent end to the year! Thanks for taking us along on your saving Virginia history hunt again.

Many more to come. I have a lot of area to search here, the "green" side was way too muddy. The landowner has let other detectorists dig around the house but not in the yard. I don't think anyone has been in this field or the newer one, they probably didn't think anything was there. 😈

If you like what I dug you should see the other guy... 😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks, takes me back to a year ago when I was finding them right in front of my house 🤣 it's all winter wheat now. This place is a whole mile or two away.

They get pretty beat up here. Lots of corrosion.

Lots of history where I live, but 95% of it's under asphalt.    How far away are the Colonial era cellar holes?  That's what I'm dying to detect one day back east 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Lots of history where I live, but 95% of it's under asphalt.    How far away are the Colonial era cellar holes?  That's what I'm dying to detect one day back east 🙂

You'll have to go north of the Mason Dixon line, here they don't do cellars. 😀 You might see one with an "English basement", but that's it. Lots of flooding and the water table is really high.

• Like 1