The Nox Does Not Turn On

Xergix

It did not happen to me but to a friend of mine, he searches a lot in the sea, lately it has turned off in the water, he tried to turn on but nothing happened, he put it in the car and on the way home the nox suddenly  turned on alone.
I had him check the battery, it measured 4.1 volts, there is no humidity in the battery compartment, when he tries to turn it on you hear a click but it does not start, I made him change the coil but nothing happened, I think the only solution is to send it in for repair.
What do you think about it? Has such a thing ever happened?

There have been reports of on/off buttons being stuck, not working, etc. Hopefully your friend’s Nox is still under warranty and a Minelab repair facility is not too far away. Sounds like it needs to go there.

• Like 3

Probably the ON/OFF button broken . A friend of mine has had this issue , the ML after service replaced the CB by a brand new one . 

We all do things for a different reason.

I had a Nox 800 when they first came out. Then talked a friend in Oklahoma to buy one. I wanted a small coil and Minelab was slow getting it out so I sold it.

I bought another that it spent more time in the shop so after a while I sold it.

Then my friend was telling me I need to get another Nox. Well I did and hadn’t had it no time when my friend put a end to his life .

I’d plan on going to see him to hunt together and I’d talk with him on a Wednesday night but the next day he put a gun to his head. I knew he was saddened because of not seeing his son but I didn’t know it was that bad .

That Nox I wanted gone and I didn’t care what I lost on it.

It’s a year later now and I got a new Nox 800 with the 6” round plus the coiltek elliptical.

I hope this year is better for all of us!

Chuck 

Sorry I put this on the wrong post 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Oh my! 1

Chuck I am really sorry you lost a hunting buddy and friend to suicide. 
It feels bad when you can’t say goodbye or even maybe have a chance to help them by just changing the course of their day in a positive direction. 

I am glad you were able to get the elliptical coil with your Equinox. That coil has really impressed me. 

• Thanks 1

Wow, Chuck.  What a sad tale.  So sorry to hear about your friend.  Awful.

Yes, let's hope 2022 is a better year, and that you "click" with your Equinox; it's a good machine that I think you will be pleased with in time...

Steve

• Thanks 1

news .... now the nox has stopped teasing, now it works perfectly, let's wait what it will do next .. grunf !!

Is it working perfectly in the water?  If it just dried out, and is simply working fine dry  then you still might have a problem.  No humidity in the batt compartment is no guarantee water did not leak into the head unit from a leaky seam, switch seal, or bad H/P jack seal.  Or...an intermittent malfunction of the switch itself.  Try to get your friend to take Video if it happens again.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to The Nox Does Not Turn On
  • 2 weeks later...

I had one of the first 800s in the USA.  It worked fine for something less than a year and then one day I turned it off and I felt something 'give.'  When I went detecting the next time I could not get it back on.  You could tell the switch was 'floating' under the on/off button.

I sent the 'computer portion' of the detector in to Minelab USA and they replaced it.  I was told that the switch had broken off the board.  It was not my fault and it has not happened since but I don't press the on/off button very hard any more.  You never know and when they give you a new replacement they don't extend the warranty.

Mitchel

• Like 2