Quartz Rich In Gold

Whatever it is, after you crush it, if it's gold, congratulations. If it's not, congratulations as well because with either result you'll learn, and that's what chasing the gold is all about, learning what to keep doing and what to quit doing.

All the best,

Lanny

• Like 3

Mica and pyrites can be misleading if you have no gold to compare them to.

Looking at your pan photos, the samples look very sharp and gritty. They also do not shine consistently like gold, especially in sunlight. Gold, even the tiniest speck, is very heavy. It will clink against the sides of a glass vial. It shouldn't float or move in the pan if you move it gently. And as others have said above, gold is also malleable, it can be bent, and flattened (like lead), mica and pyrite will just splinter and crack. Gold is also a metallic element. It will sound off with a metal detector or a good pinpointer. The mica and pyrite probably won't. You can use all these properties of gold to asses whether what you have in the pan is indeed the yellow metal, or something that only resembles it.

If you have never seen any true gold, I would advise you to buy a small bag of paydirt. If you pan the contents in sunlight you will soon see how real gold behaves and how different it is to everything else.

Finding stuff that looks like gold but isn't, is very frustrating. And sometimes it can be tricky to tell which is which. But it will come with practice and experience. Keep at it, and you'll get there. But I'd start by examining a small sample of the real stuff. It's the best way to know for sure what you are looking for.

• Like 4

Huhh, is there a question to Identity?

Is there a question to identity?  Have to ask Steve to sort out the IP between a New member and a Silver.

Regardless I am surprised no one speaks of the fact that using a Galvanized Dolly is just crap.  I'll leave that open to interpretation. Use Black Iron and get a welder to fix it up right.  Species in the pot can look real nice and ruff but there's no question as to whats coming out of the dolly when you get it.

22 hours ago, nvchris said:

AKA Brett from Montana....

Have not figured out the editor or quote package here.... the belongs in my previous post. DD

Brett,

Do you own any raw natural gold?

If not I agree that you need to get some gold cons/paydirt as mentioned so you know what to look for when you do actually see real gold in your pan.

Only my wedding ring, I did have a very old gold detector but its broken, in Australia no one want to help anyone with gold, and no one has access to mercury or any acids stong enough to kill an ant,  

Looks nice I'm am still unsure about this one it weighs 86ounces 

Completely hilarious mate. A pile of experienced people have told you its not - and you're still unsure? In Australia there are folks who will buy gold from prospectors. Take it to them. You will either return with a giant pile of cash suitable to purchase a new car with enough left over to take an amazing holiday for yourself, or the sting of several blokes laughing in your face. Be prepared for the sting..........

Starting to think you are actually a troll.......

• Like 3