Equinox 800 Manual Vs Legend Manual (side By Side)

If they added higher than 40kHz frequency option as a single frequency on the Legend using the 61kHz they use on their dedicated gold prospecting VLF's for example it would have been fantastic and set it apart from the competition and that would have been enough to tip me over to the Legend, however it would mean they'd likely have to kill off their gold prospecting VLF's from the lineup too.  That's the downside to these do it all detectors, if they take it too far they may as well get rid of all the other detectors they sell except the Simplex for a cheap entry level model.

As for the Multi Frequency gold modes if the Legend even uses multi frequency in gold modes, has that been confirmed? I think the 40kHz cut off seems to work well, I can hardly complain about my existing multi frequency detectors gold performance. I think the higher frequency would have been best as a selectable single frequency.

It's a shame they didn't do it though.  I would be on the pre-order list in that case.

The preliminary users manual states the Goldfield mode will run SMF or select single frequency like 40 kHz.

• Thanks 1

No, they're keeping two gold prospecting machines.  The Gold Kruzer and Gold Finder 2000

9 hours ago, Calarms said:

Well how about if they just included  45 and 50 khz  frequencies to it just to give it a slight edge

If you read the link I provided, you'd realize 45 and 50 khz doesn't really even give you a slght edge in performance.  You'd really need to get it above 60 and then all you are really doing is bring perhaps some micro gold into the picture for perhaps some significant modifications to either the coil., sw, or hardware that might drive up cost and make it less attractive to the general purpose user.  As well as eat into the sales of their existing specialized gold detector lineup.  Not worth the trip from a business case perspective.

9 hours ago, Calarms said:

Also didn't Steve state that they' discontinuing all their detectors except the legend and the simplex

It's not that difficult to answer this kind of question before strarting a false rumor.  Their website appears to be up-to-date.  I count six detectors in the $299-$849 price range still in their lineup.  There are a couple cheaper children's detectors and the considerably more expensive computer imaging models and Ground Penentrating Radar (GPR) hybrids also shown there:

https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detectors/