Https://theringfinders.com

15 hours ago, Skate said:

It always amazes me how many people jump up on their soapbox to ridicule people who have used their hobby to make some extra cash. So what if someone willingly asks for help and then willingly pays you for your help?

"If you're really good at something, never do it for free" or so the saying goes, right? But it's one thing to give the impression that you're (the general you, not necessarily you in particular) volunteering to help, then charge a fee as opposed to giving the impression you're a business who has costs and expenses to cover.

It's like food. No one complains that grocery stores charge for the food you buy there. But imagine going into a food bank expecting to get free food out of charity, only to be hit with a bill when trying to take the food to your car.

For some reason, that website sometimes gives me the impression they're more of a food bank instead of a grocery store. I know my impression isn't necessarily correct, though.

• Like 1

Thx .

So  ?  the RF website is ok but some of the members may have some issues ?

Sorry if I stirred something better left alone .

I saw that they only allow 3 finders listed per city etc. and If you "buy" 3 memberships you get exclusive listing for your area.  (brings to mind Amway ...)  

Retirement plans don't include a new job , guess I'll just wait for friends to lose something.... and If I can return random finds , bonus !

6 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Thx .

So  ?  the RF website is ok but some of the members may have some issues ?

Sorry if I stirred something better left alone .

I saw that they only allow 3 finders listed per city etc. and If you "buy" 3 memberships you get exclusive listing for your area.  (brings to mind Amway ...)  

Retirement plans don't include a new job , guess I'll just wait for friends to lose something.... and If I can return random finds , bonus !

I don't really have an issue with that website. It might rub me the wrong way sometimes, but I don't think the owner of the site or most of its participants (ring finders) are unethical or anything.

• Like 2

Over the years I’m returned several rings that I found detecting. I never ask for a reward but I did get one from a person who could afford it less than the others.

My father in law was ask to find a set of wedding rings that they still owe on . Well he found them and the grandmother said I know they will want to thank you and give you a reward. Well if you were thinking they did you are wrong. It was over three thousand being paid off.

So many times where people say they lost them and where you find them is most of the time is in a different place.

If you have detector will travel it may be best to collect your money up front for set time spent find it are not.

Chuck 

• Like 1