Detector Hipstick 2.0, Who Has Them Now?

Maybe the screw should have a washer under it?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

And you did not have the problem with the D ring snapping out?

All the Hipstick’s we manufacture here now are actually printed around the D rings, with the original 3D printed versions  developed by Chris Porter the ring was first split then forced through the printed head part after printing. In hot weather or in hilly terrain where sideway’s forces occur the D ring could be forced open and come away from the head. 

I not only use a Hipstick to control the weight of the detector (including the 6000) but also use them to help control and maintain smooth movement of the coil. It takes a while to learn how to swing when first using them but once learned they are invaluable for coil control. I can swing a 7000 without a bungee for about an hour but then all the connective tissue and ligaments around the elbow area and shoulders start to burn and ache, it’s nothing to do with strength but more to do with the need for those parts of your body to finely control the coil without hitting the ground, the better the control the better the gold find outcomes.

Life without a Hipstick is just a recipe for a lot of unnecessary pain and potential long term injury. At The Outback Prospector we supply a free Hipstick with every GPZ 7000 we sell, including used ones. Buyers should also be wary of cheap counterfeit copies being flogged off on eBay and unscrupulous dealers etc. 😡 

JP

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here is mine, I found photos on my phone from when I verified with JP it was genuine.  I've had no takers so I guess I'll keep it, I may use it someday.  What upgrades should I do? Ditch the hair tie and the D ring? I found it makes a grinding noise when swinging from the ball in the joint which drove me nuts as I'm trying to listen to the detector not the stick.  I put some silicone spray on the ball to tame that. 

received_1140284903123774.thumb.jpeg.3419491aa46e3adfd3c01410def16c3e.jpegreceived_592054225138719.thumb.jpeg.dc052c481561cf6dd3dc96ec8bf98e09.jpegreceived_379355597037594.jpeg.439386d6ddca36732058cde07db7cf7c.jpeg

10 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

All the Hipstick’s we manufacture here now are actually printed around the D rings,

That makes much more sense. Please help us poor US detectorists out and send Rob a nice big shipment so we can buy them. Such a simply tool and yet so impactful. I am really surprised that they are not readily available everywhere. Every operator should have one. All non-believers will be converted once they try it out (unless you are as fit as Simon) 😀

GC

• Haha 1

Yep the missus and I have been using Hipsticks for 8 or 9 years and have experienced all the aforementioned problems as well as the balls wearing out (yes still referring to the Hipstick) in the older models..🤨

The latest ones were the solid head type and both D rings failed within a couple of weeks and we have had to use cable ties since… The new balls are a lot better…..😉

• 2 weeks later...

So what's this Hipstick the guy is using in the new Season 7 of Aussie Gold Hunters, some sort of alternative brand, home made one or is it the new version 2?   He'd better not swing too far out, his harness may strangle him.  I suspect this is one of the cheap counterfeit Ebay ones JP mentioned.

hipstick.thumb.jpg.970af76f91589ab4a65d4ade48f1b54e.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

So what's this Hipstick the guy is using in the new Season 7 of Aussie Gold Hunters, some sort of alternative brand, home made one or is it the new version 2?   He'd better not swing too far out, his harness may strangle him.  I suspect this is one of the cheap counterfeit Ebay ones JP mentioned.

hipstick.thumb.jpg.970af76f91589ab4a65d4ade48f1b54e.jpg

I’m going to say custom made as they also use completely different shafts on their GPX machines among other things (unless they’ve since upgraded to GPZs)

• Like 1