New Years Day Hunt Strikes Old Silver!!

Enjoyed the vid . The Reale is a ripper find , but maybe a bit strangely the bird cage button really gets my attention !

• Like 4

+1 on that birdcage button. 👍 Great hunt! Good to see so many got out recently. You guys come back with some awesome finds. Hope Tom chips in. 

• Like 1

Both the birdcage button and the 1 Reale are great finds.  Impressed big time by the birdcage condition. Like the first flat button as well.  Was trying to figure the writing on the back   FINE ?    

Thanks for the post and video.  Always enjoy a trip report. 

UtahRich

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UtahRich said:

Both the birdcage button and the 1 Reale are great finds.  Impressed big time by the birdcage condition. Like the first flat button as well.  Was trying to figure the writing on the back   FINE ?    

Thanks for the post and video.  Always enjoy a trip report. 

UtahRich

Probably says "London Fine", "extra fine"  or "Sure Fine" , or some such gilt button markings.   

I also got one of those bird-cage cuff-link buttons . But mine was crushed.  And didn't have that little cross-bar cufflink connector.   That mean old Brian always has to one-up me, eh ?   Tsk tsk  :tongue:

Great finds and glad to watch the digs.

Wish you more luck on your next outing.

Past few days have been cold and rainy here with a dusting of snow. Don't know if I will be able to get out for a hunt until it warms up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hunterjunk said:

Enjoyed the vid . The Reale is a ripper find , but maybe a bit strangely the bird cage button really gets my attention !

Thanks, I really like the bird cage button too 👍