New Year's Eve Relic Hunt Time Machine

WOW on the cob !!! Great find.  Some early buttons too. Nice way to start the (almost) new year.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Looks like a Mexican Cap & Rays reale of some sort.

See above - it was a button.  But I did find an 1830 Cap and Ray Mexican First Republic 1/2 R in a Pennsylvania cornfield a couple years back.  Wonder what a story it could tell from its journey from its Mexico City mint to PA.

• Like 1

Can't even imagine finding a cob here in the Pacific NW, but i do believe Cal Cobra and Tom have done so in old California.

Super find!  Fun to see.

Zincoln

• Like 1

People who have not read & studied our history have no clue how active & wide ranging the Spanish were in their exploration of the Americas. Over hundreds of years and thousands of miles in a true wilderness that we today cannot really comprehend or understand the challenges they faced.

To find something related to that is special indeed.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, JCR said:

People who have not read & studied our history have no clue how active & wide ranging the Spanish were in their exploration of the Americas. Over hundreds of years and thousands of miles in a true wilderness that we today cannot really comprehend or understand the challenges they faced.

To find something related to that is special indeed.

I've read that some of the East Coast Spanish silver was hijacked from galleons by privateers and "laundered" through Colonial commerce. 😁 That is also an interesting take.

• Like 2

Pretty old and rough Spanish silver ... ,, Congratulations ... "de my parte ".. Chase .... 👍:smile:

• Thanks 1