Nokta Makro And XP Have Tried To Get The Spotlight, How Long Will It Be Before Minelab Responds??

NM and XP have both released their smf detectors that seem to be "catching up" to the Equinox.  Minelab I expect has been working on the next big thing since the Equinox released....given that the CTX released in 2012 and the Equinox was announced in 2017, can we expect an announcement this year about the next ML detector??  I am sure it will raise the bar, thats one thing about ML, they dont just rehash the same machine with a couple of tweaks and call it new, when they release a machine, its usually got some revolutionary technological advances inside. So if the "other guys" are finally "caught up" to the Equinox, then ML comes out with something even better, what a gut punch that would be to the competition. I am very happy and satisfied with my Equinox 800.  I got it Feb 13 2018 and I have made most of my best detecting finds of 20 years in these last 4 years with it. And I know it well and am confident with it, I dont even know what else I would want to be honest, possibly a better pinpointing system and even lighter, more robust telescopic stem. Mayne a control pod thats easily removable for travel.  Some new tech that I cant even imagine that maybe would id the shape of a target somehow in ground, thus leaving even more junk in the ground and picking out symetrical items, which the audio clues are there now to do this for the most part, but a "little more" would be awesome!  I just am expecting Minelab to "zag" now that everyone else has "zigged".  I am putting some $$ back waiting to preorder, as I am pretty sure I will want one as long as its based on the Equinox and its tech. What else do you think we can expect from the next big innovation from ML and when do you expect it?

• Like 4

Ditto to all of that Bootyhunter.  

I'm waiting too.  

2 hours ago, Bootyhunter said:

Some new tech that I cant even imagine that maybe would id the shape of a target somehow in ground,

I've never used or seen a CTX but the visual display does some degree of this perhaps?  Happy to be, and likely to be, corrected. 😀   Anything that gives better accuracy of target and increases the likely-hood of digging 'good' targets and leaving the 'crap' targets in the ground will be welcomed.  This is not coming from a lazy perspective.  This is coming from wanting to dig as few holes as possible in public areas.  As much as I try to leave things looking completely undisturbed, less holes can only be a good thing.  

Mainly, my hope is that the Next Gen of whatever has:

-better than CTX 3030 target ID.  Some sort of screen, visual, picture thingy would be totally acceptable.  

-faster than Eq 800 processing and therefore target separation

-finds the fine gold jewellery that I believe the 3030 had an issue with?  

-housed in something like the GPX6000 but even lighter.   

-with a speaker placed where the Eq 800 speaker is - facing right at you. 

-a changeable battery system like the GPX6000 and, even better, exactly the same as the GPX 6000 so they can be interchangeable between units. 

-a device such as the WM08 so that we all don't have to chase around trying to find a suitable bluetooth receiver.  

And keep using the headphones issued with the GPX 6000 - they are quite good thank you Minelab.  

I think that is all Santa.   Can you send me one of those?  🎅 🎁 ⚒️

Cheers, N.E.   

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bootyhunter said:

What exactly will the D2 do that the Equinox 800 won't?  Specifically. I dont tend to watch youtube videos that have commenting turned off, so please indulge me here with what is so magical about the new Xp. I know it still requires an antenna to submerge the coil if you arent diving with it, which most people won't be doing. 

I know my Equinox 800 very well. No comments turn off. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, GhostLands said:

I know my Equinox 800 very well. No comments turn off. 

Great job Ghostlands! That was one of the most entertaining videos I've seen in a while 🤣 your dog is cool. 👍

I hope you don't get in trouble where you're digging after the boars tear it up!

I think you made the point very well with the mineralized pottery.

"Tried to get the spotlight?"

Minelab will surely come out with something more expensive that will supposedly do everything, even to the point of their new "meteorite call signal" which in marketing words "signal meteorites to fall in your general area within a 1000 km range".. The Minelab Meteor 9500. Because they would want to charge $9,500 for each one. The sad part? People would buy it.

LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RobNC said:

Minelab will surely come out with something more expensive that will supposedly do everything, even to the point of their new "meteorite call signal" which in marketing words "signal meteorites to fall in your general area within a 1000 km range".. The Minelab Meteor 9500. Because they would want to charge $9,500 for each one. The sad part? People would buy it.

LOL

Well I agree when it comes to the Pi market and with "gold detectors", and the CTX before that, ML definitely doesn't mind to have outrageous price points. But, that said, they really changed the landscape of the pricing models for top of the line "coin and relic" detectors. The Equinox 800 at less that $900 USD was just amazing. XP Wants to keep that pricetag up around $1.5K for good equipment.  I hope ML spanks them for it with the Equinox successor. 

• Like 1