Hello From Edmond Oklahoma

Tony-Ok

Hello dogodog, I try to stay with private permission yards . It increases your odds for finygreat stuff.I mainly hunt with a CZ5. I have recently started to learn the XP ORX . It is so light and it is 3tone , so similar to the CZs. I will try to post some of the finds I make in the near future.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, tomdoughman said:

Welcome Tony!  I’m in Edmond too. I’m brand new to the hobby. All I’ve done so far is in the backyard but it’s pretty exciting for me just locating junk.  Maybe we’ll run into each other sometime. 

TD

Hello tomdoughman ,What detector are you using?? Edmond has some nice old homes to detect. And even a couple of old parks. 

41 minutes ago, Tony-Ok said:

Hello tomdoughman ,What detector are you using?? Edmond has some nice old homes to detect. And even a couple of old parks. 

I acquired a barely used equinox 600 right before Christmas. I’ve just been using it around the yard trying to figure it out. Every time I find anything is exciting to me and it’s just construction junk from when the has was built about 16yrs ago.  I’d love to talk to you about places to go in the area. 

• Like 2

You will find the older coins , tokens, jewelry at old homes , parks have been detected for years ….. not saying you can’t find anything old there . Your odds are much better at yards that probably have never had a detector there before. The Nox 600 is a very capable detector!! The key is knowing your detector well and more important is Location,Location,Location! 

• Like 4

Hello Tony, and welcome!

Happy to have your experience here on the forum!! Good luck, and good hunting!👍👍

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Hello Tony, and welcome!

Happy to have your experience here on the forum!! Good luck. And good hunting!👍👍

Glad I found this forum, hopefully I can post some pics of finds soon . MDing is the best hobby!! 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hello Tony and TomD, fellow Edmond area here that also just got a 600 a couple days ago. This red clay is miserable to dig in when it’s wet, ugh.  Gonna try tomorrow, see if the wind has dried it up any. Nice to see some fellow Okies here, maybe we can compare notes on settings and stuff. Anyhow, good to meet ya