Happy New Year 2022 From The Fields Of Colonial Virginia

6 hours ago, JCR said:

I assume that's a Black bear. Or an East Texas hog that wandered further than usual.

Black Bear weighs about 600 lbs. Loves to bend down my Bird Feeders for a taste snack. He is a good ole boy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rvpopeye said:

George 

Back in the 70s , we coulda been twins 🤪

Now that I think about it , that still applies !

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh !

But shampoo sure LASTS now  , huh ?

Yep.

14 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Don't fall too far out of your chair, George started finding Colonial Silver when it was still being replenished by the local populace.  When you do the math that's not actually all that impressive.  :laugh:

JK - George.  I'm just jealous. 😉

7 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

No worries for him rvpopeye. I'm past my prime. A warn blanket is all I require now.

145780122_1355646488128876_7409138490225988303_n.jpg

You can't fool me, George.  I know you're still swinging and snagging a few more keepers when you get the chance.  Heck, you gotta give that Air Metal Detector a run if it ever shows up.

2 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

You can't fool me, George.  I know you're still swinging and snagging a few more keepers when you get the chance.  Heck, you gotta give that Air Metal Detector a run if it ever shows up.

I asked them if I could assist on the Engineering. got confirmed yesterday so we will have a look.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

No worries for him rvpopeye. I'm past my prime. A warn blanket is all I require now.

145780122_1355646488128876_7409138490225988303_n.jpg

This is impressive!!  These are the kinds of finds I live for, and am excited to bring back to life.    It's interesting with all the cut silver you find.  It's pretty uncommon to find cut silvers out west, I've seen a few, but I've seen more gold coins dug then cut silver that for sure.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

Tom and Cal. Found near my home except the Rey button. Research that one. Phoenix Buttons found at a Trading Post on a River near my home. Buttons are what I enjoy digging the most. 

13769496_285410935152442_3825529669874341011_n.jpg

16587346_406623849697816_1324421398646930871_o.jpg

I like finding buttons too. You have a canon and mortar Phoenix button, took me a long time to dig one, but finally got one.  I would like to find a Phoenix ball button, that's a hard button to find. 

What's the backstory on the REY button? 

With your Colonial and trading post sites, you're definitely in a great area.

• The title was changed to Happy New Year 2022 From The Fields Of Colonial Virginia
On 1/7/2022 at 3:13 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

I like finding buttons too. You have a canon and mortar Phoenix button, took me a long time to dig one, but finally got one.  I would like to find a Phoenix ball button, that's a hard button to find. 

What's the backstory on the REY button? 

With your Colonial and trading post sites, you're definitely in a great area.

Not sure on the Rey. Could be from Monterey. I have a large collection of early dug Spanish buttons. Mostly military and religious. I found the Phoenix many years ago.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, George Kinsey said:

Not sure on the Rey. Could be from Monterey. I have a large collection of early dug Spanish buttons. Mostly military and religious. I found the Phoenix many years ago.

I'm surprised I've never dug a Spanish military button.  Would love to see your collection if you have any photos handy.

@Tom_in_CA hey do you recognize the REY button George posted? 

• Like 1