Deus 2 And Shotgun Caps ???

brys

can they defeat the system ??can CD find a cure for these damned nuisance targets

xy screen is no use as they show good ,having trouble yesterday with caps

All the headstamps I dig ring up right in the nickel/gold ring range.  Some a little higher.  This is with the equinox.  Some may have a bit of ferrous in the primer part, but most are all brass.  I doubt if xp could do something like the bottle cap reject on shotshell headstamps.  

• Like 2

Every detectorist has his hated, junk targets.  That's part of the challenge, IMO.  If they ever make a detector that 100% identifies every target, the hobby will be over.  Just imagine how much competition we'd have if this endeavor were easy.

There seems to be quite a variation of these shotgun shell bases.  I have a decent collection already (but haven't sorted them or displayed them, yet...).  ID'ing finds is part of the fun for me.

The range of their VDI's seems broad enough that trying to discriminate them out will cost you quite a few good targets as all three of the previous responses have indicated.  But that's always an option.

• Like 3

The only thing you might be able to do is count on the stability of the T.ID and if you’re willing to accept possibility of losing similar T.ID good targets - you can employ a small notch. 

A U.S. $5 gold coin can come in right around the same TID as a 12 gauge shotgun shell, other gauges are similar to buttons and some small coins and keeper relics.

• Like 2