Xp Dēus II & Minelab Equinox 800. Comparing Undug Signal. More Info In Description.

GhostLands

1 hour ago, GhostLands said:

The results 

20220102_183422.jpg

Great video!   This is exactly the kind of tests I like to see!  Wild digs, side by side comparisons really show the strengths and weaknesses between the detectors.  In this case it shows the strengths of the deus II.  Btw, Jackie really livens up the video!  He’s a star!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Excellent video and excellent finds. I envy you with so much history below your feet. Here in the US, we're lucky to find anything metal 100-200 years old. 😎 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NCtoad said:

Great video!   This is exactly the kind of tests I like to see!  Wild digs, side by side comparisons really show the strengths and weaknesses between the detectors.  In this case it shows the strengths of the deus II.  Btw, Jackie really livens up the video!  He’s a star!

Thank you mate! Had alot of people asking for this... This Dēus II is really something else! Jackie is a she, Jackie Danielle! (Yup from the Jack Daniels) 🍻

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Excellent video and excellent finds. I envy you with so much history below your feet. Here in the US, we're lucky to find anything metal 100-200 years old. 😎 

Thank you mate! Still history though... And i know how hard it is to find those targets back there! 🍻

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GhostLands said:

Thank you mate! Had alot of people asking for this... This Dēus II is really something else! Jackie is a she, Jackie Danielle! (Yup from the Jack Daniels) 🍻

Please relate my apologies to Jackie!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Please relate my apologies to Jackie!

Done!😂

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, GhostLands said:

Thank you mate! Had alot of people asking for this... This Dēus II is really something else! 

I have one request. You have demonstrated the mineralized pottery shards that are in your ground. I consider those to be like volcanic or earth's mantle " hot" and "cold" rocks. What I am looking for in one of your in the ground target videos is video shot of the Deus 2 mineralization graph while the coil is being pumped or swung over ground that is clear of pottery targets or actual ferrous/non ferrous targets. 

At the ground I usually detect in using a Deus 1 or ORX, both detector's mineralization bars are constantly 3/4ths to completely full. This greatly effects depth of most detectors along with any kind of target ID accuracy. Deus 1 and ORX are very susceptible to this high iron mineralization. The Equinox basically ignores the ground mineralization and has great target IDs even at the edge of detection along with normal depth for the size of coil used.

In your example shown above, both detectors accurately identified that coin which I assume is similar to bronze/copper. If your ground (not just the pottery) is moderate to highly iron mineralized, I would bet that Deus 1 or the ORX would high tone and give a 99, -- -- or no form of target ID on the same in the ground target.

I also use the Deus 1, ORX and Equinox 800 for gold prospecting at some places where many of the surface and near surface rocks from 2 mm to a meter or more in size are a hot rock like your pottery shards. Picking any gold out of that mess is difficult. I have found .1 gram and larger gold with these detectors at this location. The Deus 1 and ORX in their gold modes do very well but I hear everything including all of the hot rocks. The Equinox Gold modes using Multi IQ have the ability to minimize some of the hot rock responses due to tiny, automatic changes happening internally within the Multi IQ ground balance function similar to the internal automatic black sand adjustments done by Multi IQ in Beach 2.

Does the Deus 2 have something similar to this?

Sorry, I forgot to say thank you for reading and for possibly being able to answer my questions.

Also, thank you very much for all of your videos and written contributions to this forum.

• Like 2

The Field 2 program of Equinox .. may not be the best for targets under ceramics ,,, better done programs Type 1- Park 1, Field 1, Beach1 ..

And just .... the programs Park1, Pole1 and Beach 1 are powerful programs for detection in terrains with a high content of ceramics ..

Beach2 is also good but it is weaker in performance ..