Using A Ctx3030 Like A Mono Frequency...

Today I´m preparing for tomorrow dive in my usual and devastated gulf spot...

After the shaft accident with the new toy the last week, Ive been captured by a stupid doubt...

What about the use of a single frequency on the Ctx ?

I know, this thing isn´t possible due to the kind of machine with an FBS range continuously at work, but somewhere I found a text related to the noise cancel channel and the different frequency in use...

So In these years, I think the succesful use of a frequency among 15 and 20 Khz in salty environment it is not a secret anymore but what about this particular machine stated at 1 to 100Khz?

So tomorrow morning I want to try all of the 11 channels and manual settings for sensitivity and noise cancel, adding the ground/coin separation that for sure is the more stable giving a  less jumpy target  ID...

Feel free to laugh at this post but I feel like a child again...

• Like 4

About half a year ago, at the suggestion of a colleague who comes from Expolrer SE, I decided to measure the frequency of each channel on my Etrac, because we are pretty much arguing that the low channel is the most sensitive on a big silver coin ,,, and the high channel will be the smallest gold and silver ...

I used an oscilloscope and my receiving measuring probe.., and I measured all the channels from the lowest 1 to the highest 11 on Etrac.

I have to say Etrac uses in frequency 2 frequencies ... one low around 3.3 Khz and one high frequency around 22.5Khz./on channels 1 /. ..and by all plus plus time domain .. ..

From the measurement I can say a clear difference on the individual channels Etraca is visible mainly at the high frequency which can be shifted on the highest 11 channels somewhere at the level up to 28-Khz .. which is a more significant difference .. like 22.5 Khz on channel number1 ..

... So theoretically 11 channel can be the most sensitive to low conductivity targets ...

ETRAC -Channel 1:

IMG_20220103_234050_554.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

ETRAC Channel 11.IMG_20220103_234125_403.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Your oscilloscope traces confuse me.  I assume the purple spectra at the bottom of each screen are the Fourier Transform transmitted frequencies which is what we care about.  But what are the locations of the peaks?  Are we just supposed to focus in on the horizontal difference between the first (and largest) peak and the last peak?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Your oscilloscope traces confuse me.  I assume the purple spectra at the bottom of each screen are the Fourier Transform transmitted frequencies which is what we care about.  But what are the locations of the peaks?  Are we just supposed to focus in on the horizontal difference between the first (and largest) peak and the last peak?

GB_Amateur......YES think Right .. it's like / Purple -FFT/.. as you say ... the first peak is 1 low frequency ,,, and the last peak is 2 .high frequency ..... in 2F Multifrequency ... at ETRAC ..👍

What is important are these ETRAC measurements ... confirmed by testing and practice .. that means channel 10 and is most sensitive to very small coins such as size 1/24 ... while low channels 2-3 will be most sensitive to large silver .. ...
A good universal compromise for all types of conductors is .. channel 8 ...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

A good universal compromise for all types of conductors is .. channel 8

I'm satisfied to say You're right!

Even if I was far out of the hot area in pretty sanded in conditions, I found at some depth rocks and red clay nicely passing the test with 26/28 manual sens. and ground/Coin separation.

The only bad thing Is the swing speed that I need to keep so well the machine...Really really slow movement.

Next dive Will be with 9, As I literally saw the difference with 11 and 8.

With almost no Sand and channel 11, the machine react not only to micro lead balls but ground too raising noise to signal ratio.

On the other hand at channel 7 I found the machine to be more prone to big sinkers 🤔.

This actually was expected at channel 1.

So I'm a bit confused cause talking about a full spectrum and not a lone frequency, I want to use amost 22Khz  if not less and this can only happen on channel 1...

I'm however writing bulls... until I don't try personally.

Depth was better than usual when on 8...It's a fact.

I knew someone who always used channel 6 or channel 9 for deep silver. Now, I know that there is something to those claims. So, do you have any thoughts on which frequency on the Etrac may find deep, tiny, high conductors best?? Wondering if I can get a little more depth on a US silver dime (around 18mm). Great work analyzing the two tone frequencies. I assuming the channel selection would have to change if we use multi-tones, as the guy I knew always ran multi- tones

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Interesting reading here.

Thx ElNino  for the FFT spectrum analysis .

Have you done that on an 800 ?

(Nice scope display !!)

Some time ago ... I did an oscilloscope at Equinox ... some analysis of his various programs ..

But I didn't do the frequency shift analysis ... on different channels ....,DS1Z_QuickPrint122.jpg.055b88480614667396cdea42665b57bc.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I knew someone who always used channel 6 or channel 9 for deep silver. Now, I know that there is something to those claims. So, do you have any thoughts on which frequency on the Etrac may find deep, tiny, high conductors best?? Wondering if I can get a little more depth on a US silver dime (around 18mm). Great work analyzing the two tone frequencies. I assuming the channel selection would have to change if we use multi-tones, as the guy I knew always ran multi- tones

Etrac will be the most sensitive to high conductors of the * Dime type on channel 2-3 ,, ,, the most sensitive to small things on channel 10 ,, and an excellent universal reach will be on the channels on various conductors will be on channel 8 ...

However, an important feature of Etrac is the use of good settings and a larger reel .. I have 13 "Ultimate" colleague I have 11 "..and of our comparisons 13" is deeper ..

Settings ...Ground to neutral .... in lighter terrain it is deeper ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...