Final 2021 Eye Candy From My 'wheatfield' Site

Very nice GB, Great finds!!! Lets start with the most interesting to me, the duckbill item. It looks to me to be a maple syrup tap. The pin like thing could be the bucket hanging bracket that broke off. Very Very nice if it is. As for the IH's, Here is how it goes for me. On the 800 most will hit up in the 18-20 range with an odd 17 from time to time. I have found overall that the year 1864 will give you the most range on the Equinox. Odd Right? Not sure why? I keep odd records and  the 1864's will always keep you on your toes. I think 1864 IH's were not super consistent in metallurgy, if that makes sense. Use  your Tesoro vs the 800. set it  to break just below zinc and you'll pick up to 75% of the IH's. Not all Tesoro machines are created the same so do some testing on your dates to see if that will help you. You'll miss some but you can always hit it again with a different machine and pick up the rest. 

• Like 5

Nice wrap up, GB. I think Dogodog is right, that does look like a syrup tap, but I can't find it. 🤬 Great assortment! 👍 

I noticed you mention skipping 14-18, if I do that I miss old silver (Reales), and many buttons. I will always dig a 16-17-18.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

I think I found what your duckbill is...

That sure looks like it.  I still wonder what the hole in the tapered face is meant to do.  MIne doesn't have the '88' but likely that's a more recent addition, possibly indiccating size?

58 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I noticed you mention skipping 14-18, if I do that I miss old silver (Reales), and many buttons.

I don't use the same restrictions in my older sites -- those which were frequented in the 19th Century.  Most of my sites are 20th Century when things like foreign silver coins, small denomination USA silver, and nickel 3 cent pieces were no longer in circulation.  For older sites I like to hunt in 2 tones (and the only time I ever notch anything is the very lowest bins to eliminate hot rocks, when necessary).  Same thing with gold coins -- from what I know those didn't circulate nearly as much in the Eastern USA as in the West, and even less likely in the 20th Century.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

That sure looks like it.  I still wonder what the hole in the tapered face is meant to do.  MIne doesn't have the '88' but likely that's a more recent addition, possibly indiccating size?

Click the "duckbill" link above the photo. It's called an Earth Anchor and is used in construction.

• Like 2

They still sell something similar to anchor leg hold animal traps. You drive it into the ground with a bar. when pulled on the duckbill tilts to hold it's position. All very neat finds.

• Like 1

GB - I too have found one of those large penny tokens.  Notice that mine comes from Oregon and has a very close date.  Think these are 20th century and issued w/ something to do w/ the masons and when their chapters were started. I'm sure someone on here knows.

Here is a link describing the letters on the opposite side and what they mean.  http://darkfiber.com/tomb/htwsstks.html

Best,

Zincoln

20220103_193814.jpg

20220103_193807.jpg

• Like 6

Nice finds GB and congrats on the finds.

Nobody will ever know how the token found it's way there unless a relative shows up to claim it.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1