Coiltek 10x5 Coil Availability?

Cal_Cobra

I bought mine on Amazon from NGR last month.  I called just make sure they really had them…the guy I talked to was really nice and got my coil within a couple days. 

Also it made a huge difference in the iron sites I hunt. I hit one particular place (full of old iron) hard at least a dozen times with the 11”, then the 10x5 unmasked a ton of targets. I can’t attest to depth differences , but if you’re in trash or iron you’re going to lose depth anyway,  so for me the coil’s purpose is unmasking and it does that pretty well compared to the 11”. 

i did find that I have to do a factory reset on my machine when changing coils.  If I don’t, the other coil is extremely chatty and misses targets in my test bed.  The same thing happened with my 2 replacement stock coils (broken ears). It may be very uncommon, but it’s a fact with my particular machine, and once factory reset each coil works beautifully. 

11 hours ago, strick said:

Brian your going to loose some depth for sure. I've been using one for a while now...it's a nice coil the main advantage is the shape and feather weight of the coil. I've been using it in heavy iron/trash for better separation. You will find it useful in heavy brush as well but that not why I bought one. Mount it on an extra shaft and put it in your backpack thats what I do if I'm walking in somewhere. The tip of the coil is sensitive but I dont know if I'd call it the "G" spot on the coil. One thing I noticed the other day that was interesting...I have some deep targets buried with nails that I set up for testing the  characteristics of programs on the Equinox when I first got it. I have 6 stations.... all are seven inches or deeper. with nails in close proximity. The CTX was mainly nulling on these targets. The Nox with the 10x5 surprised me and was able to hit some of the targets thus outperforming the CTX with the larger coil. 

strick 

That's a good sign.  The area I want to test it at isn't so much of an iron pit as much as it's just tough to get around the brush, so hopefully this will get into some nooks and cranny's hiding coins and buttons.  

That said, there are some deep targets there too, so I guess the 5x10 for the brush and the 11" stock for more accessible areas.

• Like 1

Brian, I've been using the 5x10 since they first became available. I was lucky and got in on the first shipment to the U.S. I haven't noticed any forward sweet spot,  it pinpoints very accurately using the pinpoint feature and/or Xing the spot. Separation is better than the 11" as to be expected but lacks just a little bit of depth. I think better depth than the 6" which is excellent for that small of a coil. Mine hasn't come off since I got it. I like the lighter weigh over the 11" also. I think you'll be wishing you had gotten it sooner.

Good Luck

Tom  

• Like 5

I agree with Tom's comments above . I have had one for a fair while now and find the balance so much better , separation superior and sometimes surprisingly deep . Great for working in the bushes even though it's an open coil it doesn't pick up anywhere near as many sticks as the 11" . My only complaint is mine is a bit knock sensitive but i can usually pick out the good sounds . Some coins can register one number higher also .  Will be interested to see Cal's comments after trying it .

• Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 7:58 AM, GB_Amateur said:

Have you run the Eqx 11" stock coil over that same testbed?  I'm curious how it compares to the 5"x10" Coiltek NOX under these challenging conditions.

So I went out and just tested the 10x5 against the 11. first ran over everything with the 11 twice...first  in field 2 and then back again in Park 1... then put on the the 10x5 and repeated doing the same. There are 6 stations all with a coin and a nail or nails all from 7 to 9 inches deep. Couple targets  have 3 nails near it  and one target has 4 nails surrounding it. Like I said earlier I have no way of knowing what has changed  due to all the critters underground but my conclusion is that the 10x5 hit everything the 11 did but did it better due to the separation ability. I'm surprised about this as I figured some targets would be too deep for it to hear. Everything sounded better in Park one then in Field 2 

Settings:  

Park 1

Sensitivity 22

ground balance manual

FE 0

FE2 0

Recovery 5

Wide open Horse shoe which is how I usually like to hunt 

strick 

• Like 5

Cal,

I’ve had mine for a while and  at first I was a little worried about the depth I have since figured out it’s very respectable although not as deep as the 11”. I run my 11” almost all the time on 7 recovery speed. What I’ve found is that the 5x10 likes 5 recovery speed to still get the separation and depth that I’m looking for. 
 Yes , I’m glad I have it and use it a lot but I also still use the eleven. The location, ground conditions and all that kind stuff dictate which coil goes on. 
 Cal, I think you’re going in with a real sense of what to expect from the replies  given and I believe it will accomplish what you’re wanting to use it for. Good luck! HH! Tom

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, strick said:

So I went out and just tested the 10x5 against the 11. first ran over everything with the 11 twice...first  in field 2 and then back again in Park 1... then put on the the 10x5 and repeated doing the same. There are 6 stations all with a coin and a nail or nails all from 7 to 9 inches deep. Couple targets  have 3 nails near it  and one target has 4 nails surrounding it. Like I said earlier I have no way of knowing what has changed  due to all the critters underground but my conclusion is that the 10x5 hit everything the 11 did but did it better due to the separation ability. I'm surprised about this as I figured some targets would be too deep for it to hear. Everything sounded better in Park one then in Field 2 

Settings:  

Park 1

Sensitivity 22

ground balance manual

FE 0

FE2 0

Recovery 5

Wide open Horse shoe which is how I usually like to hunt 

strick 

I run mine in Park 1, often sensitivity as high as 24 (no mineralization here and very little EMI in most places). My recovery speed of 3 on the 600 is equivalent to 6 on the 800, so I'm kinda close. I never have to turn sensitivity down to less than 21 anywhere I've been on the east coast.

Thanks for this Strick, I was worried I was over-hyping the coil. 👍

I really don't like to take it off, not only are separation and GB great, it's so darn light. 

• Like 3

I received my new CoilTek 10X5 NOX coil and decided to do a quick target check between it and the stock 11" coil to see if it made sense (to me) to perform a factory reset.    What do you think?

• Like 5