XP Deus II First 50 Hours Use

abenson

This probably the best video I've seen on the Deus 2 so far. It's worth the 45 minutes to watch it. For those that have concerns about mineralized ground, this is as close of an answer I've seen so far as to how the Deus 2 handles it. Relic mode sounds amazing. That's one I'm going to learn for sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abenson said:

This probably the best video I've seen on the Deus 2 so far. It's worth the 45 minutes to watch it. For those that have concerns about mineralized ground, this is as close of an answer I've seen so far as to how the Deus 2 handles it. Relic mode sounds amazing. That's one I'm going to learn for sure.

That was a very informative video.

First this reviewer clearly says in this video made on January 3rd.."Deus 2 is shipping NEXT WEEK."  I assume he meant that Deus 2 shipments will start leaving the factory and go to distributors next week.

Like you, I am mostly concerned with the Deus 2 Relic and Gold modes. I believe the video maker is mistaken about the audio options in Relic mode and Gold mode. It is my understanding that both modes can be run with VCO audio that is either Square Wave or PWM generated with default being Square Wave.

Otherwise, he gave a very good overview of Deus 2 Relic mode and indirectly Gold mode. Other than their frequency weighting, I assume they are based on the same mode and have the same settings. The manual seems to support that.

There is also this paragraph from the manual:

Targets buried very deep can take on values close to the surrounding ground, to the point that they are most often rejected as the ground itself. The GoldField and Relic programs allow you to go deeper when searching for native gold in mineralized ground or for large masses at depth, as they only reject the local ground to which you have adjusted precisely by Grabbing. Ground compensation is therefore a priority in both these programs. Occasional ground variations and large mineralized stones with a different value from the surrounding soil may make the device react. Set them aside for future reference.

I am guessing from that paragraph that Deus 2 FMF technology may be very beneficial in high iron mineralization.

The reviewers point about Relic mode and Gold mode detecting absolutely everything in the ground (unless Disc. IAR is being used) is absolutely true from my experience with Deus 1 and ORX Gold modes. Some gold prospecting detectors have the ability to reject iron targets either in blocks (Garrett 24K, Goldmonster 1000) or in individual single digit increments (Equinox 800). The Deus 2 in Relic and Gold modes can only discriminate iron by using Disc IAR which will break up the VCO audio on near surface to around 4" deep iron targets depending on mineralization.  What the Deus 2 in Relic and Gold modes can't do well (neither can Deus 1 and the ORX ) is deal with hot rocks, cold rocks, fired brick, fired pottery, by being able to slightly discriminate or at least lessen the quality and volume level of their audio responses other than ground balancing over them or just getting them out of the way. Extreme ground responses may be alleviated on Deus 2 Relic and Gold Field due to FMF.......At least on the Equinox in Gold 1 and 2, the option to single digit discriminate is available if needed especially in really high iron mineralization where rejecting -9 can make a world of difference. Gold prospecting, I rarely ever use it except for rejecting -9 sometimes. Relic hunting I definitely use it.

Deus 2 does give the relic hunter and even possibly a gold prospector the choice of using a different discrimination mode for building their own custom relic/gold prospecting program that can better handle hot rocks and ceramics along with man-made iron.

Lots and lots of other very important information is provided in this 50 hour review that applies to the other modes including how to start out for the first few hunts, most of the settings and modes and what they do and even some dive and beach hunting tips. Worth a listen if you have the time.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to XP Deus II First 50 Hours Use