Relic Hunting Persistence And Bittersweet Recoveries

Spectacular stuff from DIV! 👍 Someday I might be able to do one of those, but without a PI it would probably be difficult at best.

Great job and as always persistence pays off. 🙂

• Like 1

Very nice group of finds. Just think of the desperate circumstances that left them behind so long ago. That's real life history you recovered. I would love to hunt a place like that.

• Like 1

It was good seeing Hugh, you definitely found more buttons than I did. Glad you wrote up this great report. Brought back memories of DIV 50 even though it was just a short time ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the story and pictures of this wonderful hunt.

I thank you for recovering the lost history from the ground as I know it takes a lot of work to cover that much ground.

Nice finds for a great person, good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Relic Hunting Persistence And Bittersweet Recoveries

Excellent chronicle and photos, Hugh.  I particularly liked your delineation of the different days and detecting history of the various sub-sites you hunted.  Those are enlightening to me as I also try to figure out the detecting history of sites I hunt.

• Thanks 1

Looks like an awesome haul to me. Well done! I've heard stories of the famous/infamous Culpeper area hunts. That's on my bucket list after I get and learn a PI detector that will see into the center of the Earth. 😄

• Like 1

Nice write up..I was right there the whole time..sounds like a challenging place to hunt..if there’s that many bullets then there’s got to be some nice relics left. I got my first mini ball couple months ago and they are huge. 

Strick 

• Like 1

Great post ! You guys had a nice hunt, especially considering that was our 7th dig on that farm, 6 of which was pounded with 250 really good relic hunters armed with GPX's. I also had to slide over for the tractor and spent the last 2 days on that same field. That field was one of the last sweet spots on the farm that was still holding plenty due to many farming and weather circumstances, so your relic senses were spot on. Looks like great company here so I'd like to share my DIV 50 fun as well for my first post. Once again nice hunt guys.

• Thanks 1