Hello From Colorado

GnshpCSO

Greetings everybody. New to this forum, but not to MD’ing. I moved back to my home state of Colorado after retiring from the military. It’s not really a MD friendly city I live in, so I’m looking to travel around the state around the US lookin for loot. I look forward to conversing with you all. 

• Like 6

Welcome to the forum and you have found some of the nicest people in metal detecting at this site.

I am sure that we can learn something from you and your skills and will enjoy reading about some of your finds. Please include pictures of your hunts as some of us do like to see new areas and the finds.

When I was in Colorado with my grandfather we did a lot of panning and some detecting for gold. I know that the equipment you have can find some really nice nuggets our there.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome Valens Legacy. I’ve been at it for the better part of 30+ years or so. Started with a Radio Shack VLF analog cheapo when I was 13. Deployments interrupted my efforts at times, but I’ve stayed in the game nonetheless. I’ve owned and sold many detectors since, mainly Whites and ML, and have been fortunate enough to detect many states and conditions. Nothing beats time out alone to think and dig the good stuff (with a “small” scattering of pull tabs and zincolins). 😂 I look forward to “shop talk” with everybody here. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, GnshpCSO said:

Thanks for the welcome Valens Legacy. I’ve been at it for the better part of 30+ years or so. Started with a Radio Shack VLF analog cheapo when I was 13. Deployments interrupted my efforts at times, but I’ve stayed in the game nonetheless. I’ve owned and sold many detectors since, mainly Whites and ML, and have been fortunate enough to detect many states and conditions. Nothing beats time out alone to think and dig the good stuff (with a “small” scattering of pull tabs and zincolins). 😂 I look forward to “shop talk” with everybody here. 

Welcome Gnshp! If it wasn't for beer cans, pull tabs and Zincolns, there wouldn't be anything out there! 🤣

If I interpret your handle correctly, I think the thing that I regret most about my military service was turning down a chance to go to a "Top Gun" helo school early on. 👍 Thanks for that and coming out of the shadows here.

I see you have an Equinox 800 and Etrac. You're in the right place. I was attracted to this forum as a noob because of the intelligent discussions. It is like no other forum.

Looking forward to your adventures and input. 👍

"Follow" your posts and the forum will email you when someone comments. 🙂

• Like 2

Welcome from East Texas.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, GnshpCSO!  (And welcome home to Colorado.)  You've settled in a great state for all kinds of metal detecting.  Well, except maybe saltwater beach detecting.  You'll have to cross the western border to find some of that.  :laugh:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Welcome! Gnshp! If it wasn't for beer cans, pull tabs and Zincolns, there wouldn't be anything out there! 🤣

If I interpret your handle correctly, I think the thing that I regret most about my military service was turning down a chance to go to a "Top Gun" helo school early on. 👍 Thanks for that and coming out of the shadows here.

I see you have an Equinox 800 and Etrac. You're in the right place. I was attracted to this forum as a noob because of the intelligent discussions. It is like no other forum.

Looking forward to your adventures and input. 👍

"Follow" your posts and the forum will email you when someone comments. 🙂

Thanks F350Platinum. I was an AC130H Spectre gunship CSO/Mission Commander from 2000-2007 (lots of action both OEF/OIF), and transitioned to the RC135S Cobra Ball before retiring in 2013. Turned down 06 and a sure path to 07+ when I turned down a staff tour at the Pentagon. If I couldn’t fly/fight and had to sit a desk, the fun was gone and I knew it was time to pull chocks, not to mention that I’m honest and not a politician- neither are qualities that “fit in” on the Hill. Thanks again for the welcome. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Welcome to the forum, GnshpCSO!  (And welcome home to Colorado.)  You've settled in a great state for all kinds of metal detecting.  Well, except maybe saltwater beach detecting.  You'll have to cross the western border to find some of that.  :laugh:

10 hours ago, JCR said:

Welcome from East Texas.

Thanks for the welcome. GB, please let me know if you know of any good MD clubs here in CO. I will most likely have to leave the Springs to MD. From what I have read/heard, it seems the city admin and law enforcement here aren’t very fond of our hobby. Thanks

• Oh my! 1

Welcome aboard CSO !  

I have family and friends in Colorado , nice place to live .

The other guys telling you this forum is great just ain't right !

It's way better than that !

Plop yer chair down around the campfire ask any questions you have and answer any you can. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rvpopeye said:

Welcome aboard CSO !  

I have family and friends in Colorado , nice place to live .

The other guys telling you this forum is great just ain't right !

It's way better than that !

Plop yer chair down around the campfire ask any questions you have and answer any you can. 

Thanks Rvpopeye. I grew up here and unexpectedly lost my wife at 43 in August 2018 so I decided to move back “home” to figure out where my life goes from here. I’ve been on a few other forums for many years, and it seems like many have migrated over here. It seems like the right forum for me. Thanks again for the welcome!

• Like 3