Hello From Colorado

GnshpCSO

13 hours ago, GnshpCSO said:

Thanks for the welcome. GB, please let me know if you know of any good MD clubs here in CO.

Here's a link to a large club in Denver.  There was one in Colorado Springs recently, so hopefully it's still there.  Chris Davis is the former president of the Eureka Club (the one I linked) and also a member of the Colorado Springs club.  I would get in contact with him.  He's very friendly and outgoing.  I'm sure you'll be welcome in either (or both).  I've attended some of the Eureka Club events (meetings and hunts) -- they are a great group of people.

• Like 2

Welcome CSO, Glad your here and Served on a truly awesome aircraft. Had a cousin that served on a crew in 68. Wish you many good days detecting, and many good finds.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Here's a link to a large club in Denver.  There was one in Colorado Springs recently, so hopefully it's still there.  Chris Davis is the former president of the Eureka Club (the one I linked) and also a member of the Colorado Springs club.  I would get in contact with him.  He's very friendly and outgoing.  I'm sure you'll be welcome in either (or both).  I've attended some of the Eureka Club events (meetings and hunts) -- they are a great group of people.

Thanks GB. I'll have to look into the groups. 

6 hours ago, dogodog said:

Welcome CSO, Glad your here and Served on a truly awesome aircraft. Had a cousin that served on a crew in 68. Wish you many good days detecting, and many good finds.

Thanks dogodog. My dad was Marine Recon and served 4 tours in nam from 1963-1972. His experiences with AC130's saving his life many times are a large part of why I chose to be a part of the Spectre team. Thanks for the welcome, I look forward to more conversation. 

• Like 4

CSO

You followed some big boots from back thennnn.... 

I had a friend that was a forward spotter for some howitzers in Nam ,,,,the guys in the 130s saved his butt more than once ! Still came back a few lead ounces heavier . 

I sure do miss my Gunny !

Thanks for all those saved by YOUR crew 🇱🇷 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

CSO

You followed some big boots from back thennnn.... 

I had a friend that was a forward spotter for some howitzers in Nam ,,,,the guys in the 130s saved his butt more than once ! Still came back a few lead ounces heavier . 

I sure do miss my Gunny !

Thanks for all those saved by YOUR crew 🇱🇷 

Thank you. I miss it all daily, nothing out here on the “outside” comes close to matching the tempo, adrenaline rush, and camaraderie I experienced in spec ops. Nam was a rough deal, and I’m glad we don’t have to fight like they did anymore (better tactics, equipment, tech, and stand-off capabilities now). We measured our success by how many of our guys on the ground we could save and how many enemy we could take. The “saves” were great, but our brothers we lost because I couldn’t get to them in time haunt me to this day. Thanks again for the acknowledgment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Howdy, GnshpCSO, and as my dad use to say, "Welcome back to God's Country!" 😎 

Thanks for the welcome CPT, it definitely is God’s country here. I look forward to meeting my fellow Colorado MD’ers soon. 

• Like 2

Welcome GunShip!

And Thank You for Your Service!!🇺🇲🔱

That is one of my favorite military aircraft, along with the A10 Warthog, and a few others!

Happy to have you onboard the forum! Glad GB could hook you up with some clubs! Sad that your area is not fond of detectorists! Unfortunately Florida, and many other states have some similar issues! But we do the best we can! Hope to see some nice finds you've made, and make!!🍀👍👍

20220109_014049.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/8/2022 at 11:25 PM, Joe D. said:

Welcome GunShip!

And Thank You for Your Service!!🇺🇲🔱

That is one of my favorite military aircraft, along with the A10 Warthog, and a few others!

Happy to have you onboard the forum! Glad GB could hook you up with some clubs! Sad that your area is not fond of detectorists! Unfortunately Florida, and many other states have some similar issues! But we do the best we can! Hope to see some nice finds you've made, and make!!🍀👍👍

20220109_014049.jpg

I have over 3000 hours on her, including 1800 combat hours. Sure miss the action. The hog is a great platform as well, and I worked with them often in a Iraq and Afghanistan, but when the guys on the ground want CAS that can stick around for hours slinging lead and “making it personal” for the bad guys, the gunship is who they call. Thanks for posting the pic. 
I lived in Navarre while I was flying at Hurlburt, I really miss detecting the beaches. Had several real nice finds on Destin beach and Panama City beach right after the crowds would leave after spring break. You are lucky to be around the beaches, especially the Treasure Coast. 

• Like 3