Question On Simplex Plus

Would like to know peoples opinion on the simplex plus with the 2.78 firmware I have been still debating getting one of these for my grandson for his birthday the only ones I can find new all have the 2.78 version, i have read several posts on other forums that once they upgraded to the 2.78 that it made the simplex plus seem like it was hitting a wall and seemed to loose depth has anyone experienced this I also read that a lot of users felt the 2.77 version was better than the 2.78 version would also like to know if I can downgrade the new Simplex Plus that already has the 2.78 firmware version down to the 2.77 if I decided to, since the 2.77 is not available on the Nokta/Macro website  any longer

I have never personally had a Simplex plus in my hands to say one way or the other as to which version is or was better or am i just over thinking this whole purchase

what ever I am going to do I need to do it soon as my grandsons birthday is inching ever so close and I am getting headaches just thinking about whether to make this purchase the things we do for our grand kids LOL

thanks for reading all opinions welcome

I have read where people had problems with the upgrade and the machine supposedly got more chatty, Target ID was jumpy and lost depth. I personally never experienced any of that with both Simplexes I owned and upgraded to 2.78. I no longer have either one but I thought they were very good machines when I owned them and actually found some good stuff. IMO for the price I don't think you could find a better machine with the options it has such as waterproof, wireless headphones and recharge battery.

• Like 2

So you never experienced any of the issues others stated, this is what is making me think twice on the purchase, is conflicting statements some say they never experienced any issues and others say the 2.78 update made the detector seem like it was hitting a wall and lost depth

have not seen any post that said target IDs were jumpy or it got chatty, just the loss of depth,the hitting a wall thing I have no clue what they meant by that statement

I am almost wandering if those that experienced the things I stated if it was older machines and not the ones that already had the 2.78 version pre installed

36 minutes ago, abenson said:

I have read where people had problems with the upgrade and the machine supposedly got more chatty, Target ID was jumpy and lost depth. I personally never experienced any of that with both Simplexes I owned and upgraded to 2.78. I no longer have either one but I thought they were very good machines when I owned them and actually found some good stuff. IMO for the price I don't think you could find a better machine with the options it has such as waterproof, wireless headphones and recharge battery.

can you tell me if i do purchase the simplex plus and experience the things I stated could i downgrade to the 2.77 if i decided to, I did notice Phrunt posted up the 2.77 version where he had saved it to his PC but will his save still work since it is not on the Nokta/Macro site any longer, also wander if the jumpy target IDs and chattiness might be due to running the sensitivity to high I know some of the detectors i have used if I tried to run full sensitivity they would get really chatty don't know if that could make target ID jumpy or not, also noticed some in some videos when using a pin pointer it would get chatty so the pin pointer thing makes me wander also

I don't know if you can revert back to 2.77. Honestly if there was a real problem with version 2.78 don't you think Nokta Makro would resolve the issue?

I tend to believe the chatty and jumpy target ID was the result of EMI more than anything. Like I said I never noticed any real issues with version 2.78. Nokta Makro detectors are a little chatty just by nature than other machines, at least all of them that I've owned.

25 minutes ago, abenson said:

I don't know if you can revert back to 2.77. Honestly if there was a real problem with version 2.78 don't you think Nokta Makro would resolve the issue?

I tend to believe the chatty and jumpy target ID was the result of EMI more than anything. Like I said I never noticed any real issues with version 2.78. Nokta Makro detectors are a little chatty just by nature than other machines, at least all of them that I've owned.

You would think Nokta/Macro would have fixed the issues if they are aware of the issues

I went ahead and ordered one found a online store that still had a few with the free 9.5 x 5 inch coil so got one of them on the way also ordered the 2in1 pulse dive pin pointer could not find anyone that had a fisher F Pulse pin pointer in stock so went with the pulse dive unit

• Like 2

You will do fine with current 2.78.

Myself and others like 2.77, because we like working the detecting into the noisy chattery zone. It's the fringe target depth area. basically your running the detector very hot, not suitable for many.

Read more here 

• Like 2