Another Successful Return! Wedding Ring..

Fantastic news to the people who lost it, and I hope they remember you and your hard work.

Good luck and good hunting.

I think I would have said a carton of pickup trucks, but settle for the beer.

• Haha 2

This is not the first time I've received requests from the public to help them find wedding rings.. most get in touch via facebook messenger after seeing my posts in the Townsville Metal Detecting Group facebook page.. This is the first time I've managed to recover a wedding ring for someone who asked for help.. 

In response to this huge public demand I've just launched my own page on Facebook as a local service to recover lost rings and jewellery.. Fame and fortune await! 😁

https://www.facebook.com/Magnetic-Island-Ring-and-Jewellery-Recovery-104572658783572/ 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Erik Oostra said:

This is the first time I've managed to recover something.. 

I wish you luck on finding more to be returned to the rightful owners so that they can smile again.

I know what it meant to lose something that was lost, and then my grandfather found it a few weeks later.

I was filled with happiness that I can't describe and now it is safely stored away until I want to wear it again.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

That's a great story Eric, Feels good to return things to people when they thought all hope was lost. The detecting gods will always throw good karma your way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've only just worked out how to take close-ups with a phone camera, hold a magnifying glass over the camera lens.. duh! I'm sorry about all my previous out of focus pictures.. it won't happen again.. 😁

Here's a close-up of the inscription on the wedding ring.. 

Lachlan's ring.jpg

• Like 3

You might also look into joining The Ring Finders .com. It's worldwide and might generate more requests for your service. 👍

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cudamark said:

You might also look into joining The Ring Finders

Thanks for your suggestion Cudamark.. but judging by the huge pubic response to Magnetic Island Ring and Jewellery Recovery, I think that soon Ring Finders will be begging to join my global enterprise.. I might even give them a 5% discount on the joining fee.. 😁 

https://www.facebook.com/Magnetic-Island-Ring-and-Jewellery-Recovery-104572658783572/ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1