No Tone Volume On The Xpd2?

Hombre91

I can understand the original posters concerns about being able to adjust individual tone bin volume levels. I have some hearing loss and some audio frequencies sound much louder than others even when they are set at the same output levels. Sometimes the ones that sound louder are not really the ones I want to hear the loudest if that makes sense. Being able to lower mid tone audio responses and raise the volume level of high tone audio responses really helps me sometimes. So do different brands of headphones, etc. Hopefully the audio equalizer will help my situation when using the Deus 2 along with setting up custom tones in a saved program slot that sound good to me.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hombre91 said:

I test drove a Deus yesterday and found that there is not a way to adjust the volume of the individual tones. The user cannot apply audio dynamism to the machine. That unless I am mistaken (could not find it in the manual) is an omission of flexibility that does not compare favorably to the Anfibio.

Appreciate the Deus feature news flash from 2010.  Deus 1 users don't seem to know what they've been missing.  :laugh: Better not try an Orx and it's fixed tone breaks and lack of customizations.

Anyway, on Deus 1 and 2, tone pitch can be customized for all multitone options.  So you can customize the pitch frequency of each tone to suit your hearing, which is not flat across the audible frequency spectrum so a level of audio dynamism can be achieved by the creative user.

Furthermore, many Deus users prefer to use full tones or pitch/VCO audio which obviates the need for multi-tone volume.  

As Jeff mentioned above, D2 further addresses this D1 "feature omission" somewhat with its various audio flexibility settings including graphic equalization and the ability to switch between PCM and Square Wave based waveforms.

So I would have to say that while the specific feature you are looking for is missing, the overall audio customizations, especially on D2 seem pretty advanced.

Yeah, if this is a make or break feature for you, you're probably better off with a Nox or Legend despite the potential performance penalty.  Good luck.

• Like 4

Perhaps individual tone bin volume control is one of the coming audio features from XP that Gary Blackwell mentioned on one of his fine Deus II videos. I have found it to be a nice feature on my Anfibio and am glad NM has continued it on the Legend. I use the feature when hunting in modern Aluminum trash. There is no reason XP could not implement it if they wanted to.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, calabash digger said:

Who cares if the Legend retains it from the Anfibio.. Anfibio is obsolete and the Legend is obsolete before it ever got out the front door of the Nokta factory...

That's it then, is it not?

The Oracle of Bash has spoken!

Let it be written.  Let it be done.

😘

• Like 1

Hello everyone, my first post here.

Deus1 is audio machine, that is real power of this detector especially full tones for general hunting and pitch audio for iron infested sites. That's how i'm using this machine. Never looked on target id numbers, RC hidden in the pocket.

Now, in the new Deus2 Xp promised old Deus1 audio in PWM mode. IMO they failed, audio is different.

The "analouge", "magic" of this audio is gone. Deus2 sounds poor, terrible in my opinion.

Pitch audio is fine.

I don't like Square audio mode. It's "artificial", doesn't provide any target and soil information. That's why i don't use minelabs, they all sounds like "super-mario-bros" video game.

By the way, found some erratum for manual, it's says:

-bone conduction headphones works only in square audio mode? Why?

-equalizer only works for headphones? Not RC anymore? Why?

aa.png.151a9d2c404162b384b6ac534b05831d.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zord said:

Hello everyone, my first post here.

Deus1 is audio machine, that is real power of this detector especially full tones for general hunting and pitch audio for iron infested sites. That's how i'm using this machine. Never looked on target id numbers, RC hidden in the pocket.

Now, in the new Deus2 Xp promised old Deus1 audio in PWM mode. IMO they failed, audio is different.

The "analouge", "magic" of this audio is gone. Deus2 sounds poor, terrible in my opinion.

Pitch audio is fine.

I don't like Square audio mode. It's "artificial", doesn't provide any target and soil information. That's why i don't use minelabs, they all sounds like "super-mario-bros" video game.

By the way, found some erratum for manual, it's says:

-bone conduction headphones works only in square audio mode? Why?

-equalizer only works for headphones? Not RC anymore? Why?

Detector audio is so subjective. My tone preferences are the polar opposite of yours........amazing.

• Like 1

Jeff, sorry to hear you have Omicron. How are you doing with it? I hear it's not bad. Is it like having a cold? I'll say a pray for you anyway.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Jeff, sorry to hear you have Omicron. How are you doing with it? I hear it's not bad. Is it like having a cold? I'll say a pray for you anyway.

Thanks Rick, maybe for a normal kid or a person half my age it would not be much more than a bad cold. For me, at age 66, it is more like a bad flu bordering on pneumonia. I am fully vaccinated and boostered so my phone nurse assures me I will make it. Been sick for almost 2 weeks………

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Oh my! 1

It's worse than I thought it would be. I'm 66 too. I the J & J vaccine with no booster. I guess I should get the booster.

Are you feeling better after 2 weeks. I saw Omicron isn't affecting the lungs. It sounds like it's affecting your lungs.

• Like 1