Under The Floor Of An Old House

Nice work.... theres more in there! I have one of those buttons with the wings (military) somewhere. 

strick

• Like 1

Nice Finds!  If it had a floor heater, that's where I find most of my coins in torn down houses.  Also every corner seemed to have something also.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

Excellent effort, and the results show it.  Did this house ever have a wood floor?  Did you get a chance to detect any of the structure before the wall facia was removed?

Do you know what the jar is at the top of your first photo?  (Metallic?)  Given the amount of surface iron (and alloy), did you 'sweep' it with a magnet?

I agree with strick -- there's likely more there.  Hope you get more chances before it comes down (leaving even more iron trash from the nails, etc.)  But even after it's completely gone, as long as it doesn't get backfilled you should still be able to do some fruitful searching.  I'm envious!

1 hour ago, strick said:

Nice work.... theres more in there! I have one of those buttons with the wings (military) somewhere. 

strick

Thanks Strick!  I hit it pretty good today.  I went “low and slow” lol.  The button actually came from the exterior where the front porch was. 

1 hour ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Nice Finds!  If it had a floor heater, that's where I find most of my coins in torn down houses.  Also every corner seemed to have something also.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Thanks!  I don’t know if it had a heater or not.  The finds were scattered randomly all over the floor. 

25 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Excellent effort, and the results show it.  Did this house ever have a wood floor?  Did you get a chance to detect any of the structure before the wall facia was removed?

Do you know what the jar is at the top of your first photo?  (Metallic?)  Given the amount of surface iron (and alloy), did you 'sweep' it with a magnet?

I agree with strick -- there's likely more there.  Hope you get more chances before it comes down (leaving even more iron trash from the nails, etc.)  But even after it's completely gone, as long as it doesn't get backfilled you should still be able to do some fruitful searching.  I'm envious!

Thanks!  Yes it had floor joists and floor boards.  And no, I didn’t get a chance to detect the inside before any demolition was done.  

That jar is made of wood and there were 3 or 4 others scattered about.  No writing or identification marks on any of them.  I could have and should have borrowed a magnet we have at work.  I used it before on an old commercial building floor tearout a few months ago and it really helped.  I just didn’t think to bring it with me.  On this floor, just like the commercial bldg floor, everything was very shallow; only an inch or two deep.  

• Like 2

Excellent finds in very difficult ground! Well done! That wings & propeller button looks like the WWII era US Army Air Corps insignia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really nice walkthrough, NCToad! 👍 You really got a great collection of history from that place, and a collection of bottle caps 😀

Hope you can get more. I love it when I find an untouched house site.

• Thanks 1

Great finds and check where the outhouse was and check the path for more coins. I have found several nice ones on the paths as they sometimes moved the outhouse because they had filled up.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1