Does The D2 Infringe Any Of Dimitar's Tarsacci Patents ?

Mark T

If Dimitar did get his patents which were pending sorted does the XP D2 infringe on any of these ? it seems that the performance increases of the D2 over existing units is because of the separate salt balance that it has like the Tarsacci MDT8000 unit uses.
Maybe Dimitar only got the patent (if still not pending) for single frequency separate salt balance (Mixed Domain?) and XP have filed for the multi frequency patent? or is Mixed Domain something else other than just separate salt balance ?

The main difference between the two is one telling the customer I don’t think you need more. 
 Then you have the other that’s willing to give you more than you could ever dream of but going way beyond of anything we’ve been offered before.

The sad thing is I and others has ask for a small 6” coil but yet been told by Dimitar we don’t need it.

Chuck 

Chuck,   I spoke with Dimitar last week & among other things talked about the desire/need for a smaller coil to work in iron trash relic sites. I think he understands the desire/demand for one and is trying to decide what size & how much benefit it would provide. I told him I did not expect nail bed sifter performance but something about 7" round to peek through moderate nail sites. In other words a coil size that would only have to deal with 1 or 2 nails at the same time not 4 or more. I have witnessed the MDT's ability in such conditions, it is surprising. Not magic but it can pick out deep targets other competent detectors have missed.

I think he will make a smaller coil for us at some point fairly soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JCR

That’s like music 🎶 to my ears about just maybe a smaller coil. I really like my Tarsacci and the big coil is great for beach hunting and not so high trash areas but I’ll take a smaller coil in just about any size.

Thanks for the heads up on maybe in the near future.

I’ve got the money burning a hole in my pocket.

Chuck 

• Haha 1

Also gotta remember the size of the two companies! The MDT is still sorta a boutique detector, so coil production (size change) has to wait for funding, etc..! Where as XP is huge, and well funded!👍👍

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

• 1 month later...

I did physical tests on Dimitar's orders. Tarsacci technology and Deus II have nothing in common. Deus II loses the ID of an item when there is a small foil the size of a coin in its vicinity. MDT has no problem with that. XP subtracts some value and lowers the ID. It also works on a different principle. D2 for me is a new edition of Whites Spectra. A very nice multi-frequency device.