Aussie Gold Hunters

Not worth a second of viewing anymore.....ask anyone who's been on the show in the past. 90% fake or 're-enactments' of events that took place weeks before. Some notable people who were 'stars' of the show are now quite embarrassed to be associated with it. The Opal hunters series is a bit more realistic and a Sapphire mining show (by the same production company) is about to be aired this year too. Hopefully they will learn by previous mistakes.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

Not worth a second of viewing anymore.....ask anyone who's been on the show in the past. 90% fake or 're-enactments' of events that took place weeks before. Some notable people who were 'stars' of the show are now quite embarrassed to be associated with it. The Opal hunters series is a bit more realistic and a Sapphire mining show (by the same production company) is about to be aired this year too. Hopefully they will learn by previous mistakes.

But I really love that shiny clean gold that get dug up.  LOL  I watch it and Gold rush there are a lot worse shows on.  It's just entertainment.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Reg Wilson said:

Watching paint dry would be more entertaining.

I posted some movies yesterday, maybe they're more your cup of tea?

• Like 2

I always felt Rick Fishers on Gold Hunters was quite realistic as he struggled to find gold as much as I do, that was until his van was robbed, completely fake scene that one.  

He's now Coilteks Mascot after getting the boot from Gold Hunters, the Gypsies got the boot too, they seemed semi realistic, funny the guy made his wife do all the hard work while he sat in the digger telling her what to do 😏

Here is some Rick Fishers after his move to Coiktek

https://coiltek.com.au/gold-success-for-rick-fishers/

They must think we are clueless though, the show can be entertaining, a bit comical but nice seeing life as an Aussie detectorist. 

I guess if they made it real the real prospectors might watch it but the general public would find it very boring and they are a majority of the viewers, in Australia/Nz it's Discovery channels most popular show. 

It's sure great for detector dealers though, sells the dream of finding those big nuggets to newbies like no other form of advertising. 

• Like 4

Eric, I did find some of your videos entertaining. Better than some of that 'reality' garbage. Maybe I'm just hard to please.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2022 at 5:01 PM, Aureous said:

I mean I always figured some if not most of the finds were staged just because you cant have the camera rolling 24/7 but its still something to watch. Ill have to check out some of the other shows suggested on here 🙂

• Like 1