3d Printed Bipod

Interesting. I set the forum uploads to accept stl and stp files, but it was not working for kac, so I suggested zip instead. But stl is working for you Bob, and stp should also.

I do not have a 3D printer, but could talk myself into it. What a great way to support old detectors with parts, like Tesoro for instance, or now White's. Plus inventive doodads. If there is much interest in this at all, I will add a new area to the downloads area, where interested parties can share detector related files. Sounds fun to me. :smile:

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Interesting. I set the forum uploads to accept stl and stp files, but it was not working for kac, so I suggested zip instead. But stl is working for you Bob, and stp should also.

I do not have a 3D printer, but could talk myself into it. What a great way to support old detectors with parts, like Tesoro for instance, or now White's. Plus inventive doodads. If there is much interest in this at all, I will add a new area to the downloads area, where interested parties can share detector related files. Sounds fun to me. :smile:

My grand son has one. I don't know much about designing a product, but Equipment for copying an object would be my interest and would allow easy duplication of broken parts even if you have to glue the part together to make a copy.

Using designs that  have been done by getting a copy form here would be great Steve.

• Like 1

I'll third that opinion. I have been hoping to find more reasons to buy a 3d printer someday, a detector related library of designs here would be cool.

• Like 2

Might as well throw my contribution in the ring - after seeing the video that started this thread I did a very simple bipod for the XP shaft profile that twists on and off, no tools. A material with a bit of elasticity facilitates this, such as nylon.

XPbipod.stl

• Like 1

it is amazing what can be made with a 3d printer. I've had my Ridgid table saw for 25 years and always hated how the fence would not align, then one day I was watching youtube and someone had an idea for a newer model, now mine is better than the factory. From metal detectors to shop tools it has been a great learning tool.

• Like 1