This Is A Post From Geotech About The AQ On Thomas Dankowski's Forum

Geotech, I hope it's ok to copy you post and put it over here...Rick

Geotech [ PM ]
Re: CHECKING IN New
January 10, 2022 02:45AM
Sorry, just saw your post. On the AQ I have no idea. We have just fixed a circuit failure mode but based on other problems I've seen in forums I would not recommend resuming production. It needs a mechanical redesign.

11 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Geotech, I hope it's ok to copy you post and put it over here...Rick

Geotech [ PM ]
Re: CHECKING IN New
January 10, 2022 02:45AM
Sorry, just saw your post. On the AQ I have no idea. We have just fixed a circuit failure mode but based on other problems I've seen in forums I would not recommend resuming production. It needs a mechanical redesign.

I assume he is referring to the AQ Limited. Which supposedly was being redesigned physically, because yes, it really needs it. But Kellyco and FT video's imply more on the way in the original Limited housing - which sucks. I'd buy another AQ in a proper housing with drop in batteries, but the Limited design needs to be replaced. So my big question is, did FT abandon the planned redesign of the housing, and is staying with the flawed design?

This is what was being promised back in August and earlier:

1. Battery system replaced entirely with four drop in 18650 rechargeable Li-Ion batteries
  2. Depth rating to be increased
  3. Lower rod made longer to accommodate taller users
  4. Headphone connection being relocated to back of pod
  5. An 8” accessory coil is in the works (done)

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/13664-more-details-about-next-version-impulse-aq

And it was also supposed to be in our hands by now, or at least an announcement made. Well, we got the announcement, but it's apparently just more of the same old same old. The Limited was supposed to be 100 units and no more. So are they still just trying to sell the original 100?

What a mess.

Here is what Kellyco is hawking as "new for 2022." Looks like just the same old Limited model to me, but maybe they had no photos of the new version? Would be poor advertising were that the case to at least not note that. And the discrimination claims are way over the top still. Worst of all "Written by Corey Hoff, Chief Revenue Officer at First Texas Products." Seriously, the Chief Revenue Officer, whatever that is, is writing ad copy?

https://www.kellycodetectors.com/pages/new-tech-feature-fisher-impulse-aq/

I'm sorry to say that my once favorite company has lost all credibility with me. I'll believe it when I see it, and even then only after others have used it first. This reminds me all too much of the final days of the old Los Banos Fisher.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• The title was changed to This Is A Post From Geotech About The AQ On Thomas Dankowski's Forum
6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I assume he is referring to the AQ Limited. Which supposedly was being redesigned physically, because yes, it really needs it. But Kellyco and FT video's imply more on the way in the original Limited housing - which sucks. I'd buy another AQ in a proper housing with drop in batteries, but the Limited design needs to be replaced. So my big question is, did FT abandon the planned redesign of the housing, and is staying with the flawed design?

This is what was being promised back in August and earlier:

1. Battery system replaced entirely with four drop in 18650 rechargeable Li-Ion batteries
  2. Depth rating to be increased
  3. Lower rod made longer to accommodate taller users
  4. Headphone connection being relocated to back of pod
  5. An 8” accessory coil is in the works (done)

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/13664-more-details-about-next-version-impulse-aq

And it was also supposed to be in our hands by now, or at least an announcement made. Well, we got the announcement, but it's apparently just more of the same old same old. The Limited was supposed to be 100 units and no more. So are they still just trying to sell the original 100?

What a mess.

Here is what Kellyco is hawking as "new for 2022." Looks like just the same old Limited model to me, but maybe they had no photos of the new version? Would be poor advertising were that the case to at least not note that. And the discrimination claims are way over the top still. Worst of all "Written by Corey Hoff, Chief Revenue Officer at First Texas Products" Seriously, the Chief Revenue Officer, whatever that is, is writing ad copy?

https://www.kellycodetectors.com/pages/new-tech-feature-fisher-impulse-aq/

I'm sorry to say that my once favorite company has lost all credibility with me. I'll believe it when I see it, and even then only after others have used it first. This reminds me all too much of the final days of the old Los Banos Fisher.

Love your comments on this. I can tell you're so pissed off and disappointed that it is now a joke. Reminded me of a few decades ago when a couple friends and I went out to dinner. The food and service was so horrendous that I left this note on a napkin : "Tip - get out of the restaurant business."

• Haha 2

As far as I know, the 5 changes have been done. I haven't seen any of it except for the 8" coil. The batteries are supposed to drop into the arm rest tube a la Tarsacci. This eliminates the battery pack & cable which is good. But IMO the pod also needs an overhaul and my recommendation is we don't continue without that.

I read the Kellyco page, OMG that's awful. I'll see if I can get it removed.

• Like 9

Sorry to be a whiner Carl. It's mostly just frustration. I so much want a U.S. company to be leading the charge like we used to do.............

I was worried about the epoxy filled pod from day one. Makes it as unserviceable as the Equinox I'd think, and I had heat buildup concerns, although those may have been unfounded. Certainly makes no sense if there are to be dry land versions. And for me personally, I get why knobs are a zero visibility thing for divers, but I'd lose them just over serviceability issues. Better off with something more like ATX has, and just wipes clean.

Good to hear the battery change etc is getting done, as that is key.

• Like 5

Seems like FTP would be be kind to divest Fisher from their portfolio and sell the business so that such an Iconic brand name can be resurrected and new products actually realized on time. Its seriously getting embarrassing.... With such poor investment ideology, all of the FTP detector brands will soon fade away just like Compass, Tesoro and Whites 😒  

• Like 3

As bad as the design of the AQ limited is, with very limited battery life, I could live with all that if it had some reliable discrimination that was touted from the beginning. Sadly, it's just a slightly overpriced, poorly designed, and temperamental  dig everything PI machine.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cudamark said:

As bad as the design of the AQ limited is, with very limited battery life, I could live with all that if it had some reliable discrimination that was touted from the beginning. Sadly, it's just a slightly overpriced, poorly designed, and temperamental  dig everything PI machine.

Didn't you read the micro fine print ?......" discrimination varies on one's hearing " 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, cudamark said:

I think it would have had some pluses with the mute mode when the beaches were ripped up, and all that remained were the heavy non ferrous and of course a lot of iron. I missed my first chance to use it during one time, when the headphones gave out right as I was getting to the iron patches. I would have dug low conductors during that time all day long if it let me. 😄 The second time It was the battery cable I believe (?). It's been so long now I forgot 🙄 But either way, I missed out on that feature (really the reason I bought it in the first place). Once repaired, the beaches sanded in and never returned to those conditions. Reliability is not one of it's strong points 😆 Seriously though, I realize it was a work in progress, but I wasn't expecting it to be that unreliable. That's not the way to drum up pre-production support for an upcoming machine. Joe solved the battery problem, and I'm sure that if the machine had hit the full 100 (or more) machines sold, someone else would have made batteries for it. They probably would have copied Joe's battery to a tee. 🤬

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, King-Of-Bling said:

Didn't you read the micro fine print ?......" discrimination varies on one's hearing " 🤣

My hearing is actually better than my eyesight, so, I must have missed that! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4